Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
7,059 Posts
I'm with Dean here. The damage was done with his failure to disclose. The worst part now is that it took him so long to do the right thing.

I had an opportunity to sit down with Roy Cuny who is S&W's new President and CEO. I found him to be a very smart guy and the business plan he is pursuing sounds exactly right. IMO a lot of the recent blunders (bicycles and gift catalogs for example) were instigated in AZ with little regard for the company's core business.

· Premium Member
7,059 Posts
This just in from a S&W press release:

"James Minder, who formerly served as Chairman of the Board, will remain as an independent director. While recognizing the very serious mistakes in his early life, the board believes that Mr. Minder has led an exemplary life for 35 years and has provided tremendous services to the community, including contributing positively to Michigan families for three decades through the founding and management of his very successful child welfare organization. Based on this, and other successful business experience, the board believes he should and can continue to provide invaluable input to Smith & Wesson within both strategic planning and the ongoing drive toward operational excellence. "

· Premium Member
7,059 Posts
I still think it would be a real stretch (or incredibly chickensh**) to attempt to proseute on the grounds of merely touching and while I agree that statutes are broad I think most judges would laugh that one out of court.

Under the car seat is entirely different and you're absolutely right there. We routinely prosecute- and convict- for posession of various controlled substances that are in the suspect's car. They always scream that it is someone else's junk, but it's "their" car. End of argument. The same would surely apply to a firearm since it is under their control.

Yesterday this was big news on NPR and the reporter who broke the story was playing hero. It also made 30 sec. on network news last night. The reporter also revealed that he began looking into it based upon a tip phoned in to the paper.

I certainly believe he should have revealed the conviction but don't think having him as a director violated any law. Apparently S&W does too (and I bet they had a herd of lawyers look at it).

· Premium Member
7,059 Posts
The March 8 issue of "The Wall Street Journal" has a front page story about James Minder.

It's a long piece and talks about some of his past- such as a bank robbery- but also how he rehabilitated himself and became a respected businessman.[/i]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.