Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I read this the other day and thought it was a steaming pile of road apples. Probable cause isn't going to be recorded on body cams because they're not recording when the officer first spots a person of interest. Furthermore if a piece of technology can threaten the civil rights of any demographic it can threaten the civil rights of every demographic.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Because the video from police body cameras is so shaky and bad, and often doesn't show what's happening, there's now a move to mount tiny cameras ON THE GUN.

Since the gun is always pointed toward the threat less will be missed.
So when Homey points the gun at the PO-lice the camera won't be pointing at the ground or sky, it'll show Homey's gun.

Years ago my local police began putting early cameras in the patrol unit aimed to show a stopped car.
Within days a Homey was arrested for various traffic offenses.
He cried "Racism" and claimed the cop had roughed him up and called him racist names.
He and his ACLU lawyers called for a Department of Justice and FBI investigation of the cop abusing his rights.

Day for preliminary court comes and the city attorney shows the dash cam footage showing the defendant verbally abusing the cop and trying to get physical, and the cop properly doing his job with no abuse or Racism.

Defendant screamed in court "THAT'S NOT FAIR".
ACLU and defendant never apologized for trying to frame up the cop, and of course the Justice Department never went after them for false charges.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
IIRC around ten years ago I had proposed a similar concept to Mas, and he noted that the problem was that the camera captures only what it sees, not what the operator perceives.

So if you think you see a gun and shoot, and Combat Camera says "no gun here" when the zoom-in and enhancement reveal Freddy Furtive-Movement was drawing his phone in that dark alley... if Mas were still participating here I'd ask him for permission to share the quote verbatim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts