Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there hasn't been much discussion here about Boston...and I understand. There are very few facts and tons of speculation.

I just want to express my sincere admiration for the First Responders, volunteers and medical personnel of the City of Boston. They did an absolutely amazing job of response, rescue. evacuation treatment and transport of the maimed and wounded.

I sincerely believe the death toll would have been much higher without their amazingly professional response.

Thanks to all for rushing towards noise...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Second that emotion. To run into that while encouraging others to run the opposite direction, is why we wore uniforms and why the current generation wears them now.
Geoff
Who is seldom happy with the media.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Up at 0400, the Police are chasing a suspect in Watertown MA. Early reports, one officer down, one suspect down, one at large.

All sorts of reports, at least one explosion.

LEOs are gathering, with the kitchen sink on a trailer.

Town in lock down Police going door to door.

Be careful out there folks.

Geoff
Who has to go defend the nation, I just hate getting up so early to do it, sigh, I haven't changed in 40 years...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Up at 0400, the Police are chasing a suspect in Watertown MA. Early reports, one officer down, one suspect down, one at large.
Bombers Not Identified as Angry White Tea Party Members...

Chrissie Matthews on suicide watch...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, Walt. And here's hoping the watchers turn their heads more than a few times. Let's give Chrissy some privacy. :D

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To ALL,

I have to tell everyone about something that I was told over at the Ft Sam Commissary yesterday:

23 of our Army and USAF medic students (that's Skill Level ONE students, mostly E3-4 & about 18-20YO) from BAMC (at Ft Sam Houston) went to Boston to run the Marathon for FISHER HOUSE. They had crossed the finish line, as a group, about 20 minutes before the bombs went off (Thanks be to God!) and having run >26 miles, when the bombs went off they ran TO HELP the injured & evidently SAVED numerous lives by giving 1st aid.

I salute their devotion to duty and bravery. - We Americans have just cause to be proud of our young SM of all the Armed Forces.

yours, sw

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
23 of our army and usaf medic students (that's skill level one students, mostly e3-4 & about 18-20yo) from bamc (at ft sam houston) went to boston to run the marathon for fisher house. They had crossed the finish line, as a group, about 20 minutes before the bombs went off (thanks be to god!) and having run >26 miles, when the bombs went off they ran to help the injured & evidently saved numerous lives by giving 1st aid.
Good on them!!!!!!​

:D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
God Bless'em, SW. Can't say I am surprised, though. Despite my old man rants sometimes, I know there are a lot of very fine young people out there. They ain't all Move On dot org types.

The people of Boston Show us how Americans of all stripes and types come together on times of crisis. Didja see them singing the Mational Anthem at the ball game? Black, white, brown yellow...young, old, men, women, right, left. One Nation, Under God..

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
There's an anthem? Beyond huff, puff & wheeze I mean.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
As usual I'm annoyed with the media, they don't do good shots of the ordnance the various LEOs carry. One sidearm with a hammer look SIG, but I wouldn't swear to it.
Geoff
Who is curious technically oriented fellow.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
IrishCop,

YEP & YEP.

NOTE: Since I posted about our SM at the Marathon, I've found out that there was also a couple of USN students in the group. - I SALUTE our BRAVE young sailors, too.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As usual I'm annoyed with the media, they don't do good shots of the ordnance the various LEOs carry. One sidearm with a hammer look SIG, but I wouldn't swear to it.
Geoff
Who is curious technically oriented fellow.
Considering the number of different agencies involved in this, I'd bet there be a bunch of different handguns in use.

For what it's worth, I think the Mass Staties carry SIG's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts