Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 1911A1 today, get to pick it up tomorrowI told you all I was going to get a SA, well, I did. I ended up buying one slightly different than originally planned. Still don't have another digital camera yet so, I shamelessly stole a link so you can get an idea of the gun;
http://www.springfield-armory.com/armor ... ktype=1911

When you click on 'custom' on the 1911A1 list you'll see a Rob Leatham custom. Mine is just like it except reversed, SS slide and Blued frame. Got it(Less than fifty rounds through it) a Trikon Steel case, seven spare magazines and the papers for $1,000.00.

Here's the list of mods;
1911-A1 Competition Package: ................................................................................................................................................................. *$1,525.00
Upgrade your existing 1911-A1 pistol to competition specifications including match barrel, bushing and trigger parts.
Tighten slide to frame fit; install national match .45ACP barrel & bushing (bushing in 5" 1911-A1 pistols only, shorter models receive match bull
barrel system), low mount Springfield fully adjustable rear sight, dovetail front sight, custom fit beavertail grip safety, match speed trigger, custom
match hammer & sear, extended ambidextrous thumb safety, full length guide rod, extended magazine release, heavy duty recoil spring & buffer
system (buffer system in full length pistols only), extra power firing pin spring; recut barrel throat & polish feed ramp; tune extractor; carry bevel all
sharp edges of pistol; deburr complete pistol internally; smoothly tuned 3.5# trigger pull; lower & flare ejection port; bevel & polish magazine well;
parkerize or blue complete pistol; two 7 round magazines with slam pads.

Heck, I couldn't build one that cheap. Only need to change a few things(Get rid of the full-length guide-rod, change the grips, get another front sight, it's got a green glow-type on it right now. I want something solid.)
Other than that it has everything the 1911 that was stolen had.

Must be getting lazy in my Retirement.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well charlie, I needed another carrygun and a collectible Ithaca wouldn't work. I will tell you about one that really disappointed me, the new Remington 1911 R1. From all I've been able to glean from Skelton's article and Rems. website, parts are proprietary.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you read the FAQs Charlie you get the distinct impression that only Remington parts will fit.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Having had several firearm's stolen by someone I cared for is a terrible feeling. I understand how you feel as you replace them.
I'm curious about the Remington myself as I once carried a Remington Rand in the Army.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts