Gunhub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope there's someone out there who can enlighten me on how to reload berdan brass with boxer primers. Specifically, I'm going to be attempting to reload 7.5x55. I'd appreciate info from anyone who has done this operation or witnessed it. Thanks

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
I bought berdan primers instead. my eyes and fingers were worth it. Graf's gas them for about $100/5000 delivered, haz mat included.

·
Super Moderator
7,055 Posts
The anvil built into the Berdan case will fire a Boxer primer if you try to seat it.

The diameter of Berdan primers is not always the same as ours... some are... some aren't.

Should you attempt to remove the anvil from Boxer primers there is a significant risk of setting the primer off in the process. You will get hurt.

Even if you could remove the anvil there is still a chance the primer will pop when you seat it.

And finally there is also a good chance that the pellet of mix would fracture, crumble, and you've gone to all that trouble for nothing.

Maybe that is a bad idea.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
however, there are folks who will peen shut the berdan flash holes, and carefully drill out an appropriate boxer flash hole, thus converting the brass. they report no issues, BUT with .284 win such an easy and available substitute, the effort would not be worth it to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts