Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - A souped up Chevy Camaro owned by David Koresh, the slain leader of the Branch Davidian religious sect, will be sold at a Texas auction this weekend, the auctioneer said on Wednesday.

The 500-horsepower Camaro was Koresh's everyday car and has dents from an FBI tank that struck it during the April 19, 1993 raid in which he and 80 Davidians died and their Waco, Texas compound burned to the ground, said Daniel Kruse of vintage car firm Kruse International.

Ffor the rest of the story click HERE

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sloppy reporting or revisionist history?

I saw that article earlier, and this line jumped out at me:

"On Feb. 28, 1993, four Drug Enforcement Administration agents were killed in a shootout with the Davidians, leading to a 51-day siege that ended with the spectacular fire."

DEA agents? :duh:

The article goes on to say "...the car was parked in front of the compound throughout the siege, then seized by the Drug Enforcement Administration..."

While we know that the pretext of a "meth lab" at Mount Carmel was used to justify involvement of JTF-6 (for military training and helicopters, etc.), was that pretext carried so far that even after the siege, DEA could seize Koresh's property?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I thought the ATF took all the goods from Waco. Interesting.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Watched a Waco special last night. I'm pretty sure ATF was said to have spearheaded the initial assault... The Bureau took over after things went south.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The whole thing is an example of extremely poor policework on every level at every stage.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Yeah.

If memory serves me correctly?

I remember seeing a layout of the entire compound, and the Branch Davidians dug a couple deep holes in the ground and buried school buses in them...... Then they dug tunnels from the basement of the buildings to the back door of each school bus........... thus creating an underground complex where they stored food that could have last for 2yrs.

If I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Really.

Nifty idea. Don't think it worked out for them though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So how much did the car sell for???

About the school buses...About 8 to 10 years ago I went with a friend to a friend of his house...this guy had 3 buses buried in his yard just like that. He had a trap door in his kitchen and tunnels leading to each bus.
Made me kinda nervous being there. He had two TV's tuned to major news networks with the volume down and was listening to one of those "conspiricy theory" talk radio shows on a radio. There was a police scanner on the counter that interupted every so often...wierd place.
He's all decked out in his camo and stuff and all I could think was "Is it time to go yet??" :shock:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup, that's me, MO..remember you refered me here.. :wink:
I just do way more reading than posting here...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts