·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
bearcat6,

An you are SURPRIZED that "reporters" of "the main-SLIME media" LIE???

just my OPINION, sw

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
bearcat6,

An you are SURPRIZED that "reporters" of "the main-SLIME media" LIE???

just my OPINION, sw
:sad: ...Sadly, "par for the course," these days.

No wonder none of them called out Harry Reid when he claimed Romney hadn't paid his taxes in the 2012 election .....

The whole fourth estate is one corrupt miasma.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not surprised at all. I find it curious that it was not reported in my local paper but I have to read it in a British publication. I'm not surprised about that either.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I think he was on the same bird that Hilliary was on when she was dodging sniper fire...

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
When I was studying jounalism, this would have been a career-killer. He'd have had to resign, or be fired, and would never work in journalism again. He could maybe be a game show host, or teach English in a second or third rate school system.

We'll see if NBC realizes that their entire news organization now has ZERO credibility as long as he's on the payroll.

Shame. By all accounts, he's a fairly nice guy, too.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Snake45,

What makes you think that NBC had any credibility with THINKING people before Williams was hired?
(I know how many KNOWING LIES that NBC reported about RVN & American troops in combat. = I will NEVER forget or forgive that treachery.)

yours, sw

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
SW, NONE of the so-called "mainstream media" has any credibility whatsoever with ME, and hasn't for 30 years or more. That's why I call them the Ministry of Propaganda.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I think he was on the same bird that Hilliary was on when she was dodging sniper fire...
According to Rush Limbaugh she was dodging snipper fire ..... :cryinlaugh::cryinlaugh:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
TommyGunn,

Actually at the precise time that Hillary claimed to have been under sniper fire, she was receiving bouquets of flowers from a group of little (under 10YO) Iraqi girls, who were from a local elementary school.

Unfortunately for her, a Japanese TV camera crew recorded the "alleged sniper-fire incident" with day/date film.

Of course, catching HRC in a KNOWING LIE was "a perfectly honest mistake" to the DIMocRAT left & their allies in the main-SLIME media.

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TommyGunn,

Actually at the precise time that Hillary claimed to have been under sniper fire, she was receiving bouquets of flowers from a group of little (under 10YO) Iraqi girls, who were from a local elementary school.

Unfortunately for her, a Japanese TV camera crew recorded the "alleged sniper-fire incident" with day/date film.

Of course, catching HRC in a KNOWING LIE was "a perfectly honest mistake" to the DIMocRAT left & their allies in the main-SLIME media.

yours, sw
The fog of war probably fogged her brain.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Actor and Comedian Sinbad (Who is something of a Cowboy Action Shooting fan from what I have heard) was there and debunked the Hillary story:

The Sleuth - Sinbad Unloads on Hillary Clinton

I was talking with some colleagues today, who are not super conservative politically, and there was actually a comparison going on. They all seemed to agree that Williams had come clean when confronted, while Hillary had repeatedly doubled down even after she had been "Myth Busted." They didn't like that about Hillary.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
It always makes me happy when something comes out that demonstrates that the talking heads that want to tell us what to think are lying to us.
I always assume such, but much of the public believes them.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I think we need to give Brian Williams a little latitude...I'm sure the trauma of being raped by Bill Cosby had something to do with this unfortunate lapse.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Mr. Pants On Fire is now "voluntarily" stepping down "for a few days" while the suits decide what to do about him. Wanna bet he counts his millions and suddenly realizes that he wants to "spend more time with his family"?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
No takers here. They can't keep him anymore than they could keep Rather after that pathetic attempt to discredit Bush the Younger.

You think any of the journalistic world is paying attention...learning a lesson?:confused:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
IrishCop,

NOPE. The 4th estate believes themselves to be both SMARTER than the audience & that the "news-people" are superior in every way to everyone else.

Just look at the OUTRIGHT LIES told by all the major networks about Katrina AND about the Zimmermann case..

yours, sw

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
No takers here. They can't keep him anymore than they could keep Rather after that pathetic attempt to discredit Bush the Younger.
Rather could have weaseled out of that one. He could have thrown somebody else under a bus, and apologized that he was given bad information. Instead, he stupidly doubled down on the lie.

Williams' case is different. He can't blame this on anyone else or claim he got bad intel. This is all on him, it's his lie completely and no one else's. That's why there's just no way to come back from this. His credibility is gone FOREVER.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts