Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am a firefighter/EMT B I thought I would mention that there are lots of Sisters under the sheild as well.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Indeed. Hard to forget Kathy Mazza, Port Authority Police Officer who shot out the lobby glass of the South Tower to allow fleeing office workers to escape, while she stayed behind to do her job of protecting and serving, eventually dying when the tower collapsed.

Here's to the men AND women of the noted occupations who get up and go to work every day for far less than the folks we cheer for every week on some playing field or arena. It is those men and women who help us to have the luxury of sitting peacefully in front of the TV and cheering for those who play games for a living.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
In another sense Bloof, it's also the comfort of knowing when we go overboard in the games we play that there are people like that ready to come to our aide. Lord know's I owe several debts of grattitude from my misspent youth.

Ed

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My oldest daughter has adopted that slogan! She goes active duty Marine Corps in January. :D

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
Like Lfox, I am also an EMT/B and a Firefighter. I've gotten 34+ years of experience at it so far. I've been Chief of our company , as well as just about every other line and admin position. The County credits me with just about 10k responses in that time. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
My niece is a firefighter and just finished up 6 months of school to be a Paramedic. Last year she left the Feds at Rocky Flats CO and joined the Longmount CO FD. Not only good looking, she kicks her (ex-KU footballer) brother's butt at everything except golf!

Harvey

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have approximately 10 years LE and about 18 Years as a Paramedic (cross trained). Most of my Paramedic time has been as a shift commander.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Brothers and Sisters,
Just alittle about me..

I'm over 50 and a medic (EMT-P) with the NYC Fire department, I have been working 30 years in the system ( 23 years of that as a Medic ). Before the fire department took us over in 1995, we were known as the NYC Emergency Medical Service... I'm no longer working on the streets due to medical reasons from 9/11 (A lung infection, all that shit I inhaled caused some problems). I'm now working in Comm as a dispatcher for the last 2 years,, I hate it in Comm. and miss the streets.

·
Registered
603 Posts
fd-ems-emt

Sorry to hear that your lungs are messed up. Also understand the dispatch thing, I would go nuts being stuck behind a desk all the time. I like the streets to desk any time.
But at least the Field people should respect since you was once one of them. When I started the dispatchers had to work in Field so long before becoming dispatchers and they knew what was going on. Our current dispatchers do not even have to be an EMT and it shows they have no clue what is going on in the Field.

·
Registered
6 Posts
dispatchers

Well you guys are lucky to have dispatchers that were once in the field, at least they can relate to what you go through during a shift.
Unforetunately where I work they are a separate entity and many of them get off on their little power trips. It's always fun to have the
dispatchers do their ride time with us, at least then they get a taste of what it's like to run all day.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fireman Ron checking in. I am a Lieutenant/RN EMT in SE Kansas
for right at 17 years. We run fire, rescue, EMS, Rural fire, and haz-mat. Happy to see so many others on board. I lurk over with the Battlerifles crowd as that is a hobby of mine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
State Correctional Officer/Firefigher Engineer/EMT 17 years in Northern Calfornia checking in. Here in Sonoma County AMR contracts with the county to run the Fire/EMS dispatching center at the sheriff's office.

G

·
I started my police career in the US Marines...Military Police USMC, (1961). After this I went into several reserve law enforcement fields. Military Police, USAR, Military Police, USARNG, Air Police, USAR, Air Police USARNG, State Peace Officer, California State Police (LEAF-832PC), Reserve Police Officer, Michigan (2) Departments. I retired in 2001. I have about 25,000 + hours road time. I always find time to hook up with the bloods, and hoist a few brewski's, and talk shop. Not full-time paid...but.......I guess one can say...I've been there, too. :cop:

Edited by Marine1 - 11-29-04: Retired 2001...not 1990....My error! :oops:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts