Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one snuck up on me:

Better they should have added a few milimeters and did it in 9x19 too. But Ruger started with a .380 and then expanded it to 9x19.

Interesting.

Geoff
Who would be very interested in a .22 / 9mm / .380 convertible never did find an HK .380 / 22 much less the 4 caliber set.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Having sent a fair amount of time behind a Colt Govt 380, it strikes me as large for caliber.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Having sent a fair amount of time behind a Colt Govt 380, it strikes me as large for caliber.
I think it's pretty much the same size as the old Llama .380. That might be considered large for a .380 by today's standards, but it's actually a pretty nice size "little" gun without being too little.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
The Browning/Beretta BDA .380 was also a bit large for caliber but still popular nonetheless. I would prefer a smaller gun or a larger caliber.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
The Browning/Beretta BDA .380 was also a bit large for caliber but still popular nonetheless. I would prefer a smaller gun or a larger caliber.
BDA/Model 84 are HUGE in Mexico. In Mexico (when I was last there) you can own a .22, a .380 or a .38 Special. And contrary to popular opinion, you cannot own a .38 Super. So the BDA/84 is a very popular gun because it's one of the only high capacity .380's. The CZ-83 is also quite popular. And of course, .38 Special revolvers abound. That's where you'll find .38 Special only Pythons and S&W 19/66 & 586/686.

Of course last time I was there, I carried a Glock 22, but that's another story;)

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
You mentioned the CZ83, thinking about this some more, other than training purposes, I don't see much point. Seven rounds of .380? I'll just stick with my E.G. Mak or better yet, my CZ83, both in 9mm MAK.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they make in in 9x19, the Star Starlight fans might just update.
Geoff
Who had a Star Starfire briefly...

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
You mentioned the CZ83, thinking about this some more, other than training purposes, I don't see much point. Seven rounds of .380? I'll just stick with my E.G. Mak or better yet, my CZ83, both in 9mm MAK.
Well yeah, but those weren't options in Mexico. I happen to be a fan of the CZ-83. It's not pretty or sexy, but it's a damn fine little pistol in every way. Finest 9x18 Warsaw Pact pistol ever made.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Well yeah, but those weren't options in Mexico. I happen to be a fan of the CZ-83. It's not pretty or sexy, but it's a damn fine little pistol in every way. Finest 9x18 Warsaw Pact pistol ever made.
I was referring to the 1911 .380 and not Mexico. My CZ83 is a great pistol. nice sites, very accurate, small size and 12 rounds of 9mm MAK.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::thumbsup:

I deserve that, sir. I surely do. Thanks for the laugh at the end of looong Monday on a Tuesday.
More power to you IC. If you've got the money to spend and the Missus hasn't kicked you to the curb then go for it. (Truth is I'm just jealous) ;)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well, I've about reached the limit of my budget and the wife's good will. But I have plenty of different guns to shoot and the ammo on hand to last me for a fairly long time, so I'm good.\

And to try and get us back on topic...

While not interested in the Browning 1911 .380, I must admit wishing I could have examined one of their mini sorta .22's...but really, with two Ruger 22/24's, a Mark II and a Mark III, I don't really have a need for one.

As for a .380 I only have one...a Walther PPKs, and I got it more for nostalgia than anything. The S&W Shield I have in 9mm is as small as a lot of .380's, packs 9 rounds and carries like a feather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts