Gun Hub Forums banner

Browning's New 1911 Style .380ACP

3K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  DavidE 
csmkersh,

YEP. Personally, I really wish that somebody would "resurrect" the old Colt's Model of 1908, adding only an ambi-dexterous safety.
(The good originals are too much $$$$$$$$$ to daily pocket carry.)

yours, sw

Diamondback,

YEP. The new ones were intended to be "collectables" & WAY too much money for a pocket pistol.

I'd like my Model 1908 to be in a "plain jane", rust-resistant black "Parkerizing" (or a similar finish) for "worry-free" daily pocket carry.

yours, sw

Diamondback,

EXACTLY TRUE.

Fyi, EL PASO SADDLERY currently makes the standard GI General Officer belt/holster & have them available for order/quick delivery by many current flag officers.

yours, sw

csmkersh,

Fwiw, I bought my Model 1908 in 1966 from an older man from Gurdon, AR who bought it new to carry as a rural mail carrier after WWII. = He said that he carried it every day but seldom fired it.
(The little Colt was "my second handgun", when I was a young Deputy Constable.)

yours, satx

To ALL,

What I'd like to see "come back" is the Colt's GOLD CUP in .38 Super, like the one that I took out of my holster & gave (after he so obviously LUSTED AFTER it,) to a Mexican SJP commander one afternoon., in 1980.
(After that, I got "superior cooperation" from the SJP & "our guys" could do NO wrong down there, thereafter. ======> "Hearts & Minds" & all of that.)

yours, sw

To ALL,

YEP, there are still NUMEROUS Beretta 84 handguns on GB for 289.95 + 30.oo S&H, from Mach 1 Arsenal in TN.
(That same vendor has BHP imported from the Israeli police for 450.oo & some FEG HP-clones for 289.oo)

yours, sw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.