Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RRA pistol (short barrel ar 15) and I wanted to take off the buffer tube and just have it flush on the back. Is that possible to do? Do you have to have a buffer tube?
Thank you for the help! John

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Pardon me, do you understand how an AR system works?
I suggest you Google and look at the illustrations and animated diagrams.
The buffer tube holds the spring which drives the action.
Geoff
Who notes an understanding of the system is essential to successful operation.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Since you know what a buffer and spring look like it should be obvious from the picture that there isn't room in the receiver for either of those parts. I haven't studied the new gun so have no idea what recoil absorbing mechanism they use but suspect the chances of a simple conversion are slim.

Maybe you could call Rock River

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
The recoil spring in the pictured gun is coaxial to the piston. It appears to be similar to what is used in the Sig 556 EBR.

In any normal type AR 15 pistol the buffer tube contains the recoil spring and the BCG recoils into it, so you just can't remove it.
If you want THAT GUN in the picture, perhaps you should buy that gun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info... I already have the RRA pistol.. And I wanted to make it look like the one in the picture with out spending 2000 on one....

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
There are rifle length piston operation conversion kits. I have not seen one for a pistol length abomination.
Geoff
Who believes in pistols and rifles and seldom mixing the two together, although the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement P-38 that converted to an SMG with a low power optic, was banned back in 1938...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts