Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. - A bull elk charged and injured two people, including a tourist who took a flash photograph of the animal from less than 10 feet away.

The 60-year-old Texas man was stuck by the elk's antlers Sunday at Mammoth Hot Springs, a popular area in Yellowstone National Park. He received cuts and bruises to his head, hands and chest, officials said Wednesday.

The man, whose name was not disclosed, had walked up to the elk, took his picture and then turned his back and began to walk away, officials said. The startled bull put its head down and charged the visitor, who turned around just in time to be gored.

For the whole story click HERE

G

·
Stupid bunny huggers. This what happens when you believe people who tell you that animals are just people in furry suits.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
When I worked there in 1986 we walked past Old Faithful carrying a fire hose and told the tourists that it would be late about an hour until we hooked up another hose to the supply. People actually started to leave because tey believed us....

We saw so much of this stuff it was amazing. I have grown up around wild and domestic animals all my life and to see a bunch of city slickers get around them for the frist time I just shake my head.

At the Painted Canyon rest Area in North Dakota we had a "Small" Buffalo calf standing between the parking lot and the restrooms. A Family from New York was sitting in the car trying to figure out what to do. At least they were smart eough to sit IN the car. I probably pissed off a grounds worker, but I just parked my semi between the animal and the family so they could get out and go inside.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Everytime im there i always laugh at all of the people who are stopped and are trying to "pet" the Buffalo.

"Look honey!!!.....those are the same kind we saw in Dances with Wolves!!!!"

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
People

Worse yet are the stupid people who try to "domesticate" a wild animal. Sure, they will sit around and be petted for a while, but one day you will get bit, or worse yet, wind up as a meal!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts