Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd post this here since it is somewhat Garand related :wink: Well actually bullets given :rock: I stopped by my machinists shop today and he gavve me this:

Yup.. 1 full can, 14 boxes (100ct each) of Frankford Arsenal M1 Bullets.. yup..M1 BULLETS! my machinists dad was a big time shooter in the late 40's early 50's and died in the late 50's. All his stuff was then put in the attic and left there until the last 3 months when my buddy started going through it all... Oh and the came the bullets cam in is a almost new WW-II style can.

·
Registered
914 Posts
HighPowerShooter,

Man, what a time capsule or treasure chest depending on how you plan to use it. Shoot um or keep um? I came across a couple boxes of Primed Brass and a of box Frankford bullets at a gun show a while back and added them to my cache of "cool old stuff" just to have and look at. My bullets are the much more coveted "M72 Match" variety however. :wink: Your machinist sounds like a darn nice friend to have. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
858 Posts
High power shooter,
great find, it seems you are always finding the good stuff! Several years ago you were looking for 173 grain match bullets and I helped ya find some, now I need some, can ya help me out? Send me a PM.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
HighPowerShooter; Charlie Petty; all,

to HPS: WOW! great find.= lucky dog! lucky dog!

to CP: you are 100% correct.

yours, sw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts