Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arguing politics annoys me especially when the stupidity is so blatant. I shall explain.

The other night a gal I know invited me over to meet her boyfriend. I'd heard a lot about him and it turns out he's a pretty decent guy. This gal had a lot of health and relationship problems but it seems she's got it all together now. Good for her. :)

She asks me, knowing I'm a rabid conservative who I'm voting for. Well, off we go. "Bush ruined the economy." Since when? "Look at the price of gas." It's cheaper than it was in the late '70s compared to the cost of living. "People around here aren't keeping up with the cost of living." I moved here nine years ago and they weren't keeping up then. Maybe because they work 2 days and spend the rest of their time buried in a beer glass.

God help you if you're successful, they spread rumors you're a drug dealer. I'd be rich if that were true as I'd be selling to them! Actually I love making people miserable without having to do anything. :twisted:

So that's settled. Bush ruined the economy and would I like to go into the basement and see his gun collection? Hmmm. Ok. We go downstairs, did I mention she owns 3 houses, :? and the place looks like a mini gunstore! Glass cases with about 100 rifles. All the latest calibers, with scopes, trophy heads from far off hunting & fishing trips, stuffed animals and 4 or 5 reloading stations, presses and all. Some handguns too but they don't impress. All told 112 guns. Oy!

Then he shows me his collection of tools. He owns his own machine shop and he's been collecting since he was a kid.

Earlier the g/f told me he gave his ex wife a $75,000 coin collection as a sort of early inheritence for his kids.

Meanwhile I live on a fixed income (a good one thankfully) and so I "don't understand that Bush ruined the economy for working people." :roll:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
A couple of liberals at work insist that the "Economy" is still in desperate circumstances. And yet, one of these young ladies is now taking Flying lessons! That kind of expenditure is not something one does when the "Economy" is in the toilet!!! And her BF didn't get a job for 3 years because he is a "Unique" person!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
It is almost as if many of our citizens don't know, or don't remember that 9-11 was a very successful attack on our economy. They also don't realize just how healthy our economy is despite being knocked to it's knees when compared to every other industrial nation.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Please pass the Grey Pupon. :)

So, did you ask her how her new boyfriend retains all of this on the Bush ruined economy. Poor fellow. :-(

On the positive side, he's obviously not anti-gun. :)

Regards

Ox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts