Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought this rifle years back it was California compliant. Serial no. is L2525XX. Have the idjits on the Left Coast made it non-compliant whit newer specs?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
When I bought this rifle years back it was California compliant. Serial no. is L2525XX. Have the idjits on the Left Coast made it non-compliant whit newer specs?
I have no idea from the serial number how old the rifle is but, at one point, the magazine-release button had to be set in deeply enough that it could only be depressed with a pointed tool or the tip of a bullet. Then that became too fast a reloading procedure so the "bullet buttons" were banned, with a botched registration program for those who wanted to keep rifles so fitted. A quick check at the CA DOJ Bureau of firearms website shows that their last posting of a summary of the state's firearm laws is dated 2016!

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My rifle is pre-bullet button by at least 5 years. I was going to gift it to my middle son as he passed through here on a road trip West. But rather than worry about California's laws, I'll just leave it in the safe a while longer. Thanks anyway.

Reactions: TooTall
1 - 3 of 3 Posts