Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harold R. Beasley, Sr., a retired Border Patrol Agent, noted the hypocrisy of California when decrying Arizona's law empowering police to check on the legal status of persons they stop for any lawful reason. "I did a little research and found that California has the same law (Penal Code 834b) on their books and they are complaining about Arizona just passing our New Immigration Law. Wow, is this the pot calling the kettle black?

"Please note the last section 834(b)(c). Looks like Los Angeles and San Francisco Mayors have violated California Law and should be investigated by the Attorney General of California: 834b. (a) Every law enforcement agency in California shall fully cooperate with the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service regarding any person who is arrested if he or she is suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws. (b) With respect to any such person who is arrested, and suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws, every law enforcement agency shall do the following: (1)Attempt to verify the legal status of such person as a citizen of the United States, an alien lawfully admitted as a permanent resident, an alien lawfully admitted for a temporary period of time or as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of immigration laws. The verification process may include, but shall not be limited to, questioning the person regarding his or her date and place of birth, and entry into the United States, and demanding documentation to indicate his or her legal status... (c) Any legislative, administrative, or other action by a city, county, or other legally authorized local governmental entity with jurisdictional boundaries, or by a law enforcement agency, to prevent or limit the cooperation required by subdivision (a) is expressly prohibited."

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Soon as all the good guys move out of Calif it should break off and fall into the Pacific....or would that be to much to hope for...?

·
Registered
98 Posts
"Show me a 20' wall, and I'll show you a 25' ladder." :shocked:
Let's make it unlawful to rent or provide housing to illegals, no driver's license, no banking, no liquor, tobacco sales, no library card, no education, no health care . . . for starters.

I don't care what it does to the price of lettuce. :shocked:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts