Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone at Yale University's School of Law has a social survey online. It takes about five minutes and has a major section at the end regarding the Second Amendment. Here is a chance to make your views known.

Warning: pay particular attention to one section which at first glance is going to make any self-respecting gun person's blood boil, but which is actually a hypothetical cicumstance.

There is also one earlier question which really cannot be answered "Yes" or "No."

Give it a try at http://islandia.law.yale.edu/ss/wsb.dll/braman/survey4.htm!

·
Registered
855 Posts
While they have improved the survey somewhat from when I first saw it (by, for example, adding a broader range of answers), many of the questions are vague and ambiguous. Some are so vague that the answers will be meaningless because different people read the questions differently.

If you take the survey, I strongly suggest you use the comments boxes to explain why you found problems with any of the questions. Hopefully they will clean up some of the more problematic ones.

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
LIProgun said:
If you take the survey, I strongly suggest you use the comments boxes to explain why you found problems with any of the questions. Hopefully they will clean up some of the more problematic ones.
I did make comments. They'll probably put me somewhere to the right of Ghangis Kahn. Told them I was a liberal, but the correct definition, not the US politics version. If I'm not hurting someone then my actions are none of the government's business. Preached about nanny government and gun control too...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
They should have fun with mine... The collator may have to do a Google search for Jeffersonian Republican though :p

·
Registered
346 Posts
John,
It is up and working at 10:30 pm, pst, Tues, 12/30.
I'd try it again.

·
Registered
723 Posts
No "right/wrong" answers? They obviously think there are! They sure have a "Left/Right" way of asking them!

Profiling the ignorant, backward, dangerous, etc folks who think so wrongly on this issue?

They are hoping to link pro gun and bacward "regressives" as opposed to anti-gun (they would say pro safety) and forward "progressives". This will be how they prove only backward, narrow minded folks are on the "wrong/Right" side of the gun issue...

So mess em up and answer all but the gun issue stuff as Lefty/PC as possible!

Here's a law review article by Lott discussing similar stuff by survey's author:

http://www.law.upenn.edu/lrev/Issues/vo ... emling.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts