Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, boys, a question for you. Last week I hand an Indian Enfield 2A, the Indian version of the No.1 Mk!!!. All that was necessary to remove the bolt was to pull it to the rear as far as it would go, and flip up the little bolt head (?) in the recess provided, and the bolt could be pulled all the way out.

Today I tried that with my Long Branch, and the little dohickey wouldn't budge. What's the secret?

Also, I couldn't get the forearm off, after having removed the front sight ears and the lower band. Must the trigger guard be removed first?

What am I doing wrong? I am not a mechanical genius, but this stuff looks pretty straight forward to me. Unfortunately, I have no manuals.

Regards, and TIA.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Snake, but those are the pics that I have been looking at. Can't get past the "depress the bolt head catch." What and where is that? Nothing that I can see on my rifle depresses. I have pried with screwdrivers, poked, broken some fingernails.

Must be something very basic that I can't see. "Bolt head catch?" Gotta be it.

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
IIRC it's a little button on the right side of the receiver. You have to press it down and then you can slide the bolt back and then rotate it up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:oops: Discovered that the No.4 bolt head must be rolled up as soon as the bolt it opened. The No.1 bolt head is rolled up when the bolt is is the rearmost position. Duhh...... I was applying No.1 techniques to a No4.

·
Registered
92 Posts
felix's tattoo said:
Thanks, Snake, but those are the pics that I have been looking at. Can't get past the "depress the bolt head catch." What and where is that? Nothing that I can see on my rifle depresses. I have pried with screwdrivers, poked, broken some fingernails.

Must be something very basic that I can't see. "Bolt head catch?" Gotta be it.
Are you depressing the catch before pulling the bolt all the way to the rear?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts