·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A true WHOA shot!:eek:mg: Wish I coulda been there!:D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
For a split second Pete, I thought that was the UPS cargo plane that went down in Birmingham. It's been on my mind. My better half left out of Birmingham this morning for Orlando.

That is a way cool way to fight fires though. And definitely takes a certain amount of testicular fortitude.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I thought all the Jumbo firefighters were grounded and out of service after the Forest Service suddenly cancelled their contracts in favor of C-130s with packs in the back.

According to the news, UPS lost an A300 cargo at Birmingham.

Geoff
Who notes we don't have enough airlift as it is...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I took a check ride on on one of those tanker drops.

I won't be taking another...

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I think they have never stopped using charter aircraft for fire service and with all that are burning right now I doubt that there are enough 130s to go around.

Gold stars and attaboys to that pilot. It's hard to judge from the picture but he ain't very high at it's a perfect drop... big brass ones I bet :thumbsup::thumbsup::bow:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Appears to be one of the old Continental birds...you can still make out the gold tail with red globe. The old girl probably sat out in the desert at Mojave or Pima before being resurrected as a tanker.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's certainly doing Good Work now. Even if there's some forshortening due to the lens, the crew is flying right at the ragged, bleeding edge of all sorts of rules to protect the houses.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Props!

That's way cool! That's better than a code run down hwy 132 in Modesto on a Friday night at rush hour! ;)
If ya ever watched American Graffiti, that's the main drag in the movie. Besides Paradise road on the west side of town where they dragged raced. 132 or Mc Henry Ave, is now 4 lanes....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts