Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
bearcat6 et. al.,

fwiw, i, as a retired peace officer, am HUMILIATED & SHAMED by the actions of that DIMWITTED, SELF-important LEO.

that fool is NOT my "brother of the shield" & richly deserves dismissal from LE forever.

in my experience, "street" LEO consider CCW folk as allies in the fight against evil.

just my opinion, sw

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
WOW! That cop should never, never be a cop again. I don't really believe in sueing somebody (I never have) but I believe, no, not believe, I am damn sure I would in this case.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
That makes me ever so glad to live in Alabama! Down here, LEOs expect citizens to be armed--and approve of it, too!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
That makes me ever so glad to live in Alabama! Down here, LEOs expect citizens to be armed--and approve of it, too!
That is absolutely true. I used to tell all of the newbies that asking dispatch if there were any firearms reported at the scene of a domestic or fight was a waste of time. Around here, just about EVERYONE has gran'daddy's shotgun or poor Uncle John's deer rifle in the closet, and in fact most people have several guns in the house. There are exceptions.

While not a "shall issue" state, CCW permits are VERY easy and cheap to obtain. I have personally NEVER had a problem with any citizen who was lawfully carrying. Now UNLAWFULLY carrying? Yeah, a few.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Strictly speaking, Alabama is a "may issue" state, since CCW requirements are set at the local (county) level, so can vary across the state*. At one time, this was a problem in getting reciprocity with other states.
*However, any sheriff who wants to get re-elected knows better than to mess with carry permits. A few years ago, we almost had a mini-civil war in Jefferson County when a newly elected sheriff tried to raise the permit price from $7.50 to around $20. He quickly saw the light...:cool:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
to ALL,

fwiw, i believe that every jurisdiction MUST be required to recognize the CCW permits of every other state under "the full faith & credit" provisions of the Constitution.= the SCOTUS has declared that BOTH the "full faith & credit" provisions & the 2A are fundamental RIGHTS.
(so far, the SCOTUS has NOT heard a case relative to requiring the various jurisdictions to recognize all CCW permits.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Wow!! A bit of a prick.It appeared the officer got upset knowing he had basically screwed up by not paying attention to the driver for 5-6mins.His efforts going through the car searching and all the while he was in his mind once finding out a gun was present he became very very mortal.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
to ALL,

fwiw, i believe that every jurisdiction MUST be required to recognize the CCW permits of every other state under "the full faith & credit" provisions of the Constitution.= the SCOTUS has declared that BOTH the "full faith & credit" provisions & the 2A are fundamental RIGHTS.
(so far, the SCOTUS has NOT heard a case relative to requiring the various jurisdictions to recognize all CCW permits.)

yours, sw
We're getting into Br'er Mas' territory here, but states are not required to honor another state's CCW, since CCW is a state issue, not a federal one. National recognition of state CCWs (NOT a national CCW) has been a long-term goal for years.
This is a subject on which I will be totally delighted to be wrong.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
shep854 et. al.,

fyi, requiring EVERY jurisdiction to recognize CCW from any other jurisdiction under the "full faith & credit" provisions is in NO way different than requiring that CA/MD/NJ/NY/Chicago/NYC/anywhere else recognize my "out of state" DL/auto insurance/car inspection sticker/marriage license/etc, when visiting/passing through another city/county/parish/state!

the SOLE difference is that driver's licenses are NOT "politically incorrect" & it's past time that we CCW holders/citizens made that point.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
SW, I'm in complete agreement with you--just like requiring "licenses to carry" is a violation of the Second Amendment. Sadly, the reality is that there are too many who oppose us who are in positions of power and influence.
Tragically, there are too many places in this country* where my Alabama permit would be considered a good joke--as I was being processed into jail for a felony "crime". :(
*One is too many.:mad:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
shep854; all,

fwiw, in the long ago days/DAZE when i was a SDUSM, i was stopped at a "driver's license checkpoint" in Montgomery County, MD.
(i was on my way to northern MD to serve some civil papers for ED-VA.)

the deputy asked me WHY i was carrying a revolver. - i showed him my badge/creds & he said, "we don't recognize those here in Montgomery County. ONLY Maryland officers can carry here."
(may i remind you/all that Montgomery County's "progessives" once passed a county ordinance that the county was a "nuclear free zone" & "would not participate in" a nuclear war? =====> if you will consult a map, you'll see why that's FUNNY! further, not only CA is "the land of fruits & nuts".)

i then told him, "you might want to call a supervisor, as you are about to be apprehended & charged with a federal criminal offense."

"UH, UH UH -whatda ya mean?", said the county mountie.

i said, "i'm on the job & you are interferring with my mission."

he called a LT to the scene, who FINALLY apologized to me for "the DUMB-bunny in a uniform" & wished me well.

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I received a catalog that had at least three ads for a badge that pretty official, It Said "Concealed weapons Permit". I think that would be a great way to get a free ride in a police car. I recently took a class to obtain a Utah non-resident CCW, and the forst thing on the screen was one of these badges. A big no no in Utah.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
bearcat6,

fwiw, i don't know what UT laws are BUT i regard the so-called CCW badges as, in just one word, SILLY.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
bearcat6,

fwiw, i don't know what UT laws are BUT i regard the so-called CCW badges as, in just one word, SILLY.

yours, sw
Those things HAVE to be newbie-bait. I can't imagine any serious, experienced CCW carrier wearing one.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
shep854,

frankly, i cannot imagine an adult even WANTING to wear one!

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
shep854,

frankly, i cannot imagine an adult even WANTING to wear one!

yours, sw
Agree 100%!!! Even if it is not intended to be worn openly, it is an idiotic, immature thing to possess.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Did not something happen in Philly also?It seems it was the 2nd time for the CCW fella :headbonk: The PD were alittle out of line shoot maybe morso but the CCW guy was not helping matters either.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Gee Shep, $7.50? Here in Ohio, a 'Shall-Issue' State, it cost $40.00.
County Sheriffs set the fee here in Alabama. The sheriff who tried to raise the fee in Jefferson County nearly faced a recall!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts