Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a buddy that shoots in Cowboy Action and has birthday coming up. He is looking for a 1873 lever action in 45LC. The Uberti's are kinda pricey and found another Italian importer called Chapparal Firearms. They are less expensive but don't know anything about their quality, etc. Anyone know about these guys?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
A distributor of reproduction firearms, they use IIRC Uberti for their lever actions, may use others for 1892 actions if they carry them, and most likely Uberti revolvers. I know they are pricey but they are good.
Cabela's uses a lot of F.lli Pietta revolvers and these are less expensive and really good deals.
Chaparrel is a company I have not dealt with but I have heard good things about them.
You might contact them and ask if their price diffence is due to them using Pietta.

Your friend, being interested in lever rifles will find that Uberti makes the 1860 Henry, the 1866 Henry, the 1873 and 1876 Winchesters. The only other difference will be which distributor name is stamped on them. My Uberti 1873 saddle ring has "Navy Arms" on it because that's the name of the distributor but it is still a Uberti.
There are some repros made by others but I don't know much about them. These are pump actions and the 1892 lever gun style actions I refer to now.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i've always been under the impression that you're paying a premium for that chaparall stamp- if you go for the 'regular" you get the same firearm, but at less cost

1 - 4 of 4 Posts