Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some articles about them say made in the USA, some say parts are made in Hungary, assembled in USA, some say a bit of both (parts made here and there). Anybody know for sure what's made where?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi power

the feg so-called hi power has in the past bad barrels aka at the 6:00 ramping like the glock 21 but worse !!!i had one it was bad -junk !!

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
F.E.G.'s are noted for their inconsistency! Either good or bad. They even change the names/model numbers around. BUT, good ones are out there. My PJK-9HP was a good buy. It's not a top--o-the-line by any means but for $240 bucks I don't think it can be beat. It had a gritty trigger pull for sure but with a little work and break-in time it's definitely improving.

Of course, saving my money and buying a F.E.G. instead of a Browning/FN only made me want a Browning that much more (yes I got one last month). But I don't regret my F.E.G. purchase one bit. Talk about an over qualified truck gun...

ejs

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am the proud owner of a Daly Hi Power & I am quite impressed with its functioning. It is put together nicer & shoots better than my "Made in Belgium-Assembled in Portugal" Browning.

From the factory, the trigger was just plain awful, but as soon as I got rid of that nasty magazine disconnect & put about 600 rounds of NATO spec 124gr ball thru it, it is now very nice at about 4 pounds, about the same as my Nazi marked FN model.

With that being said, now I can bitch a little. The Charles Daly 1911's I have sold & shot were all very nice with excellant bluing & better overall finsih than most of what Colt put out in the 90's. But this Daly Hi Power I got must have been made on a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning after a weekend of the machinist doing vodka shots all weekend!

Its got twice the mill marks of a chinese made Inglas & the finish makes Glock look high gloss. It didn't take but three or four pulls from the holster (Kramer horesehide, not a plastic holster) before every high spot on it was showing bare metal!

And I don't want to get off on a rant here, but who ever decided to put the Uncle Mikes or Butler Creek or whatever they are plastic stocks on this thing should be horese whipped. They are the worst thing imaginable, but not something that couldn't be fixed by throwing them in trash can. A set of Hogues filled the bill nicely.

Other than the cosmetic issues, I am highly satisfied & would recommend the Daly to anybody. Its half the price of the namesake, & in my experience, a better shooter.

Thats my opinion, your mileage may very. :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts