Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie: I went to the Memorial Day Gun Show in Riverton Wyo. yesterday. Saw one of your books on High Standard pistols for sale for $120.00, seller would not let me thumb through it long, asked if I was going to buy it or not? From what he would let me look at, you really did a nice job Sir!

Also saw one fine used High Standard Trophy with a fluted barrel and the front sigh had been filed down to an inverted v, not very deep, only went down about 3/16 of an inch but it sure would make shooting at small objects easier, I found it to be a real clean sight picture!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Charlie,

I have your book on the High Standard auto pistols, 1932 - 1950. I refer to it whenever I have a problem with my Tourney model. Can't beat it for info.

BobMac

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
sigh...

I think the only ones that get that sort of price are the first editions. They didn't take chances and only printed 2000

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
BTW, if you're looking for any old book, check out both ABEBooks.com (a consortium of hundreds, maybe thousands of independent book stores) and Amazon (which also has used listings from book stores). I've gotten good deals and seen outrageous prices both places. I was recently looking for a particular book on the F-51 Mustang in Korea and ABEBooks only had one listing, at about $80 (this book is less than ten years old). But Amazon showed several at lower prices and I ended up with a like new one for $26 (I think original price had been $19.95 or thereabouts).

There's always eBay, too, but you never know if you'll find a steal or not there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts