Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop y'all a line about my new Chip McCormick AR trigger.

Monday afternoon there was a little white box in my mailbox. After several weeks (I ordered mine at SHOT) it had finally come.

For those of you that may not know Chip McCormick is now making the coolest, pimp daddy, drop in trigger unit for the AR series rifle. I don't blame you if you don't believe me but ask Dean. Well worth the wait, this thing is definitely the hot set up. I'M THE BLING BLING KING

And, just like it was advertised, this thing was a snap to install…
1. High five with the guy near the mailbox when you receive the little white box.
2. Remove pistol grip, safety and all associated pins, springs and bits
3. Remove crappie military style trigger assembly
4. Drop in bitchin new trigger pack in handy pre-assembled format
5. Insert new pins
6. Install pistol grip, safety and all associated pins, springs and bits
7. Impress friends, do tequila shooters with wild naked strippers (repeat as needed)
(Elapsed time 10 minutes, not including step 7)

See, even if you failed Jr. High shop class you can still have a good trigger on your AR-15.

I still haven't shot my rifle with the fresh new gear but I can already tell a huge difference. Range report to follow.
Out here
Snootch to the Noontch...WORD!

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
You mekka da Chipster berry berry hoppy…

Good lookin' out… knew it would be no problem for anyone with your advanced napkin origami skills!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Whoa Glen!

Better increase the dosage a couple of milligrams there!

Still, I played around with the proto that Chip had at SHOT and it was the honest-to-goodness accept-no-substitutes Better Mousetrap. It's amazing that no one has thought of it before (of course, that's why Chip is *Chip*, an uncanny ability to not only see the obvious, but figure out how to manufacture it as well).

The trigger unit Chip had felt *almost* as good as the trigger on my JP Enterprises gun, which is the single best AR trigger I've ever felt. The trigger pull on the JP gun is what triggers dream about when they go to sleep...

Michael B

·
Registered
359 Posts
(new member)

OK, you got my interest.
Is it adjustable?
Cost?
Is it a 2 stage?

I absolutely HATE the trigger on my HBAR. Feels like there's a handfull of sand dropped into it and I HATE CREEP in any trigger.

I was thinking of a Jewell trigger but if there is a better one out there I'd like to know more! :)

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
kmitch200 said:
Is it adjustable?
Cost?
Is it a 2 stage?
  1. Yes; Per Glen, perhaps not.[/*:2jxg8y0v]
  2. Last I looked, somewhere in the pretty ritzy neighborhood of $189.95[/*:2jxg8y0v]
  3. He has them in both single-stage and military-style, but I thought the latter was a single-stage 'til he let me try one of those! That's when I dialed it up from Impressed to Uber-Impressed.[/*:2jxg8y0v]

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I understand it there are four models of this unit available.
A curved, OEM shape trigger in single and double stage and a Flat unit also in single and double stage.

I got the flat style in single stage.

So far I couldn't be happier with this product and the Chip McCormick company.
The trigger is a very crispy 3 pounds. As I mentioned before, installation was a breeze. When I ordered they were already sold out I was told it would be 12 weeks before I should expect delivery...honesty seems to be a lost commodity in the gun business. I wanted my trigger right then and there but I really liked not being lied to as well.

The trigger is working as advertised, no surprises on the range. A class act all the way.

Dean FYI, I don't think that this trigger is adjustable but it's awful damn good though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Glen Wertle said:
As I understand it there are four models of this unit available.
A curved, OEM shape trigger in single and double stage and a Flat unit also in single and double stage.

I got the flat style in single stage.

So far I couldn't be happier with this product and the Chip McCormick company.
The trigger is a very crispy 3 pounds. As I mentioned before, installation was a breeze.
<snip>
Dean FYI, I don't think that this trigger is adjustable but it's awful damn good though.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback guys.
For $200 I'll gladly dump the junk trigger that came with my HBAR.

It says on the side of the lower, "Competition Match" or some such nonsense. Apparently there is a Special Olympics shooting match going on somewhere that this trigger is appropriate for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts