Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless you live in Puerto Rico and a few other areas in the United States where they never change the clocks, so don't forget.

Spring forward,
Fall back.

And this summer is an Olympic year, so don't forget Bloof's favorite sport, track and field, or whatever your favorite sport is, it's going to be featured this summer, and then . . .

when we FALL back, it'll be time ONCE AGAIN . . .

FOR NFL FOOTBALL!!! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!

As usual, I'm going out on a limb, and predict my Jets will go . . .

0-16 next season.

You have to be a Jets fan to understand, . . .

or a Dead Sox fan, . . .

or a Chicago Cubs fan, . . .

something like that. It's just safer.

0-16.

Hey, I predicted Pennington's injury last year and we still won more games than I predicted!!!

:shock: :? :? :? :shock: :D

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
0-16 next season.

You have to be a Jets fan to understand, . . .
Did Switzer finally get a job after leaving the C'boys?

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, my Cowboys!!! With the Jets and Raiders being my favorite AFL teams, the Cowboys were always my favorite NFL team, but that was back when I was hangin' with Pterodactyl and Triceratops. Nowadays, it's all the NFL, and one day one of my favorite college coaches came in and rode Jimmy Johnson's coat tails to his own Super Bowl ring. I don't know if Barry got a job after that, but after everything he did with Oklahoma and riding Johnson's coat tails to his very own Super Bowl ring, did he really need one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Indiana, one of the two states in the lower-48 that never changes clocks. The other is Arizona.

And I'm predicting the Colts will have a better record than the Jets next season. :)

Lynda

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with that prediction.

Since the time zones were originally created because of the railroads, how do the trains run properly in your state??? :? :? :?

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I believe it was in 1920 that it became law. Ben Franklin (the only president of the United States that was never president of the United States) suggested it in 1785 and people laughed at him.

Ed

·
Registered
76 Posts
Indiana didn't adopt Daylight Savings Time because farmers wanted to keep the extra daylight in the morning rather than at night...I don't know why Arizona doesn't...probably something to do with quicker evening coolong out in the desert <g>.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Bloof,

Fernando was referring to the "time adjusting thing" which I take to mean Daylight Saving Time (no there is not a second s in "Saving") Time zones were started by the railroads but not DST.

The US adopted DST during WWI for 1918 and 1919. Then again during WWII.

There was no federal law regulating DST from 1945 until 1966 when the Uniform time Act was passed.

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the additional background. Interesting stuff. I tell ya folks, we all know dogs are among the smartest animals, but that Ed, . . .

he's Special!!! :wink: :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts