Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While going thru the CMP's website this weekend, I found they now have some M1 Garands for sale that had been on loan to the Greek military.

The rack grades started at $295.00 which is a bargain for an original Garand. Supposedly, they have all USGI parts except for the stocks which may be GI or European wood replacement.

I am going to order one of the Springfields & One of the H&R's just to put back for that price. Service grade & collector grade are more expensive.

Has anybody seen any of these yet? Site say they have them for sale at the store at Camp Perry, but I don't live close enough to go hand pick one.

They also have some more H&R M12 .22 rimfire rifles without sights for $295.00, another bargain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greek RG M1

Received mine eariler this week. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet though. Hopefully this weekend....

Stock is close to perfect. Some gouges where the sling rubbed against the stock. The handgruads do not match either...

Mine is a 1943 serial number (SA) with a 1953 barrel (SA also), so it is a mix of parts....

But for 315 shipped in TWO weeks who can complain!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am leaving for Camp Perry in the morning to pick up this years allotment of rifles & ammo. Three of us are going, so it won't be such a bad trip.

From the picks you posted, it looks better than some of the old Garands from the late 80's-early 90's.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got back from Perry with several of the Greek guns. Since we got a chance to pick out what we wanted, I am pretty happy. But, some of the ones left on the rack are horrible, even for $300.00. BUT, of the 9 we bought, some of themn had some really early parts, which made the trip worth it.

They are about half & half Springfield Armory & Harrington & Richardson, with the H&R's being the most correct & original. All I looked at had been rebarreled in the early 50's (except H&R's) & most had european wood that didn't fit very well. The service grades were a little better.

Still, the best guns are the standard CMP service grade rifles, which sell for $500.00.

All the 1917's left are Eddystone manufacture. A hanfull of low number Springfield 1903's remain with an equal number of high number Rock Islands (which I picked up one). They have plenty of really nice Remington 1903A3s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts