Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R001IHC M1 Garand IHC Service Grade .30-06 Rifle
Serial #: 5,080,XXX

I had no idea until I got the e-mail just a few minutes ago. I'd checked the e-store earlier this week & it was still showing as "open" at that time.

Man, when it rains, it pours... :D :D :D

For anyone else still waiting on their service grade IHC, I placed the order on 03/05/2004.

If it shipped overnight today (Friday), does that mean it'll be here on Monday?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Quagmire said:

If it shipped overnight today (Friday), does that mean it'll be here on Monday?

Probably Monday... but I have gotten 2 rifles on 2 different Saturday's about 8 months ago... even though CMP says they don't pay for Sat Delivery. p.s. one of them was a IHC rack :wink:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll keep an eye peeled tomorrow then. It'll probably be Monday though.

Checked on Jouster & from what I could see, the S/N falls in the range of IHC made postage stamp receivers. Very cool.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Wow...you have some patience! 6 months+....it's only been 8 days since I snail mailed my app/first order for a Greek RG, and it is already killing me! Nothing in E-store as of yet:( BUT, congrats on your rifle, and post some pics:)

·
Registered
697 Posts
ledman said:
Wow...you have some patience! 6 months+....it's only been 8 days since I snail mailed my app/first order for a Greek RG, and it is already killing me! Nothing in E-store as of yet:( BUT, congrats on your rifle, and post some pics:)
it does get easier after your first couple... but 6 months is a wait! I couldn't imagine what it used to be, 2-3 years or more when it was the DCM.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just glad to have gotten my order in before they stopped taking IHC orders. I didn't mind the wait. ;)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Quagmire said:
I was just glad to have gotten my order in before they stopped taking IHC orders. I didn't mind the wait. ;)
Tell me about it!! looks like you "just" made it! I thought I was close! I think I got in a couple weeks before you, but mine only took 20 days... but it was a rack grade. still thought it would take a year... VERY THANKFUL indeed!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hot Diggity Dog! Glad to see you got your IHC coming and that you went on the list on March 5th. I am not much behind you, having gone on the list on March 19th.

Update: I just checked CMP's e-store and my IHC will be delivered on Monday also. Once I get it in hand, I will have one of each of the US Government manufacturers (SA, WRA, HRA, and now IHC).

·
Registered
25 Posts
wow what a wait!

i was thinking about sending my app. for a cmp , but i can't stand that kinda wait anymore,do they really take that long . i waited for a 1911 for six months before really ate me up but i lived.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Re: wow what a wait!

m191145acp said:
i was thinking about sending my app. for a cmp , but i can't stand that kinda wait anymore,do they really take that long . i waited for a 1911 for six months before really ate me up but i lived.
They don't take that long for most things. The Winchester and IHC garands have a wait list. A HRA SG has a small time, I hear its about a month or two. I've ordered two SA SG's this year, the first was two weeks in coming, the second took about ten days from the day i mailed it in until it landed on my door. The CMP rocks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re: wow what a wait!

m191145acp said:
It's the HRA that's the wait.

The SA's SG are coming much quicker. I got my first one in 10 days - mailbox to mailbox - and since it was my first order, they had to do all the 'checking' on me too!

That's fast !

·
Registered
29 Posts
IHC SG is here!!!

FEDEX pulled in the drive at 9am CDT. Shipped Friday, posted 02/29/04. SN 51228xx, LMR 11-54 barrel-is that probably original? IHC trigger group, HRA oprod, 19 SA bolt, good wood, ME 2.5, TE 2. It was worth the wait ( but having an open order to "add" to so easily for so long cost me a lot of money ). :lol: :p

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine is still on the truck for delivery. Hurry up!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts