Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I noticed that the USN had allowed a group of Coast Guardsmen to enroll in the SEAL program. The last I heard, 4 of them, all officers, were still hanging in there, but this was quite a while ago. Being that the CG was one of the branches in which I had served, I was interested in reading that news. A few days ago, I tried contacting the CG Public Affairs Office, to ask about them and see if any were left. Nothing. Yesterday I sent another inquiry, and here is their reply: "The USCG SEALS train the with the Navy. You would have to contact the Navy."

Quite an answer from an outfit that is as publicity-conscious as the Coast Guard is, I would say.

Has anyone heard anything about the Coasties, and if any of them are left?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Wonder what they'll have to say about "Hell Week??" :twisted:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Call the BUDS school PIO, Its available by calling the base. I called twice when I had former players going thru, wanting information on both of their progress, because I was going to be there at Grad day if they made it, one did and one medicalled out with a destroyed Rotator cuff when someone behind him missed something on the rubber boats and he went left when the boat went right or to that effect. They will not tell you exact names and status, but when I explained my reasons, I did get a call that I would not be disappointed to show on a given day. and the next was the call saying my travel plans would not be needed.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, EOD guy. You were a heck of a lot more help than the USCG PIO office that I contacted was.

Well, I am glad to see that a couple of them made it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts