Gun Hub Forums banner

Colt Builds the Perfect 1911

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Snake45 
Colt has finally built a 1911 that's as close to perfect as if I'd speced it myself. No-frills, no rail, no duck-butt, flat mainspring housing, spur hammer, lowered but not flared ejection port, and sights you can see. Except for the short trigger, it's absolutely identical to my Perfect House Gun I built up in the '80s.

And it has the beautiful pre-Mark IV slide markings I covet. I've often said the only way my Perfect House Gun could be more perfect is if it were built on a real pre-Mark IV Colt instead of its Essex frame/Ithaca slide.

Price isn't bad, either. I'm seriously coveting this thing (along with their 3" King Cobra):

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/1911-classic
With the exception of the much more tasteful roll marks, how is this not the standard 1991? That's almost exactly the pistol I bought in 2011.

They're the whole point! :wink:

With the exception of the roll mark, it's pretty much identical to my homebuilt house gun. :wink:
Got it... And yeah, I absolutely LOVE that Colt has returned to tasteful roll marks. Personally, I think Colt is killing it lately. Very interested in seeing the new Python in the flesh...I hope they hit a home run with the new Python.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.