Gun Hub Forums banner

Colt Builds the Perfect 1911

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Snake45 
#1 · (Edited)
Colt has finally built a 1911 that's as close to perfect as if I'd speced it myself. No-frills, no rail, no duck-butt, flat mainspring housing, spur hammer, lowered but not flared ejection port, and sights you can see. Except for the short trigger, it's absolutely identical to my Perfect House Gun I built up in the '80s.

And it has the beautiful pre-Mark IV slide markings I covet. I've often said the only way my Perfect House Gun could be more perfect is if it were built on a real pre-Mark IV Colt instead of its Essex frame/Ithaca slide.

Price isn't bad, either. I'm seriously coveting this thing (along with their 3" King Cobra):

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/1911-classic

#3 ·
this one is far closer to perfect than Colt's. Yeah, it started life as a box stock Colt Government Model but lacked ambi-safety, long trigger, flat mainspring housing and tritium sights. I'd go back to the issue grips but would keep the long trigger, ambi-safety, flat mainspring housing and night sights.

Price is good, though. Only $200 higher than what I paid 60 years ago.

#5 ·
Sorry, I'm just not a fan of all the bells and whistles and fender skirts and mud flaps and spinny wheels. Simple is elegant. :wink:

#9 ·
With the exception of the much more tasteful roll marks....
They're the whole point! :wink:

With the exception of the roll mark, it's pretty much identical to my homebuilt house gun. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.