Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I received in the mail the introductory issue of the "Concealed Carry magazine", an official publication of the United States Concealed Carry Association.

It seems as their issue was purposedly written to make Dean puke his guts out! :p

Their first gun review: GLOCK 36

Their first leather review: GALCO ANKLE GLOVE

I don't have the magazine with me as I write, but I can remember two things: 1) One of the writers is Robert Boatman, author of "Living with Glocks", and 2) they want $40 for a 6 issue subscription.

Any of you AmBackers have additional info on this magazine? Have you heard anything about the US Concealed Carry Association? Just another gunzine?

:?: :?: :?:
Nemo

·
Registered
259 Posts
Have never heard of it

but, gee whiz, $40 for six issues sounds like a REALLY great deal! :roll: :eek:mg:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here it is

Check it out at:

http://www.concealedcarrymag.com/

Ask for your free introductory issue. Who knows? You may even be moved to give them your $40... :p

Cheers,
Nemo

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the link, Nemo

checked it out, but it didn't move me enough to send them $40. I'll spend that on some reloading supplies instead. :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
If they would include a few of Oleg's great posters (see http://www.olegvolk.net) in each issue I might consider it. Although having as cover art a woman pointing her gun practically behind her was surprising. Oleg is normally better than that.

Yesterday I held a G36 for the first time in about four years to see if they still felt as clunky in my hand as I remembered. Yup.

I thought more empahasis on concealed carry options and less "I'm okay, you're okay" material would be a great help.

One presumes that parties interested in the magazine already have made the choice to carry concealed. So how about some material on reciprocity, carry options, holsters, purses, fannypacks, etc. A review of some training classes at LFI, Gunsite and the like would also seem relevant.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dean's right

One of the writers is Oleg Volk. I've never heard or read anything from him before.

The magazine has a section on real life events where armed citizens foiled crimes. They will also do an article on common people who carry. If you want to have an article written about you, send them your info. :?

Not many innovations out there, guess they'll feature the same guns and gear that have been around forever.

If they make it to the newstands I guess I'll browse the product in the grocery store line.

G

·
what are you scared-of, hmm?

PLENTY already know that you have guns. If you have a ccw permit, Both Big Brother and anyone who REALLY wants to know can certainly find out. The entire POINT of "being ready" is the ability and willingness to take on ANYBODY who wishes you harm, to the point of splattering as many brains around as need be.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Re: what are you scared-of, hmm?

Jumpy said:
what are you scared-of, hmm?
Nero Wolfe said:
Can I not dodge folly without backing into fear?
While it is said that "foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds," for one who seems so keen on being "ready" and properly "prepared," it would follow that not waving a red flag at a bull would somewhere be related to that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here's a picture from Concealed Carry's original, 'Mission Statement' Wow! Now that's what I'd call a, 'BUG'!

[IMG=left]http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/War_Angel/Glock%20Talk%20Photos/Backup_Gun.jpg[/IMG]

(Obviously a real, 'go-getter' with lots of experience!) :mrgreen:

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Wouldn't you like to see her mode of dress/carry to hide that Mateba Automatic Revolver???? However, according to this SITE -- it is made with a 3" barrel.

Mike

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Let's see... They have 3 issues out now and are getting ready to print the 4th.
I think the mag is pure gold. Each issue gets better and better. It's a nitch publication... it's focusing on Concealed Carry so you are probably not going to hear about the latest full sized handgun... but it does something that other magazines do not do.
CCM communicate the validity of the right to carry and the whole sencond ammendment to both the fence sitters and the antis in a way that can bring them over to our side.
The profiles of CCW permet holders and why they carry is showing that such folks are not ******** or gun nuts or whatever deragatory stereotypical label they want to use that day... it shows real people, good and honest people who carry in a very good light.

The other articles are all just solid gold... what to carry and how to do it propperly... aimed at both the veteran and novice alike.

It's 40 bucks well spent.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mikegunner said:
Wouldn't you like to see her mode of dress/carry to hide that Mateba Automatic Revolver???? ... ... Mike
Ahhh, well ... I'm not really sure about that, Mike! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's 40 bucks well spent.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. At almost $7.00 for a pamphlet sized "magazine," I wrote cancel in big letters on my form and sent it back.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Mad Ogre said:
... but it does something that other magazines do not do. CCM communicate the validity of the right to carry and the whole sencond ammendment to both the fence sitters and the antis in a way that can bring them over to our side.
And just how many "fence sitters" and antis will be ponying up the $40 for this magazine? :roll:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
They don't.
The read the copy you leave on your coffee table and suggest them to take a look at something inside it.
Or you buy a subscription for them after you take them shooting.

Come on, you want everyone else to do your work for you?

How many first timers have you taken out shooting from your work? Or Church? Or Country Club?

CCM is a tool and it's only useful if you use it properly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts