Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped into the CMP North Store today just to see if anything was new. Bob pointed to a couple of racks of Service Grade SA's on the back wall, so I walked back to check them out. There were a lot of very nice rifles with good GI cartouched wood that was mostly HRA. I was looking at serial numbers and came across this 5.4. The serial number seemed to ring a bell, so I got my serial number list out of my wallet. I checked and rechecked the number six or seven times and finally had Bob look at it to be sure. A consecutive serial number M1 with one I already own!

Both rifles have 11/54 barrels with muzzles of about .5 or so. Number 406 was purchased as a service grade about two years ago and I made it all correct by swapping parts from other rifles. Number 405 is the one I just purchased. It appears to be correct including properly cartouched post war SA stock with the exception of a mix master WWII trigger group and -2 WW II bolt.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's just way to dang cool JAS........................ :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Serendipity, karma, someone above smiling down on you... call it what you want that is waaaaay cool!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm heading up to the north store in the morning. Hey JAS maybe you could send some of that good luck that way so I can get a nice service grade........ If they have any .........

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Very, very cool!

I have a pair of consecutive SN 1911s, and a pair of CSN ARs. But both are on aftermarket receivers, not originals like yours. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got #405 out to the range. This was 50 yards off a bench with boxed HXP '69. One clip of eight rounds. I think this one shows promise!

·
Registered
921 Posts
If I lived anywhere near the North Store, I'd probably be a lot poorer today.

That's a great find - color me green with envy. :mrgreen: (With luck like that, you ought to buy a lotto ticket!)

Now I'll just have to wait until a blizzard hits Ohio next January and I won't feel so bad about living so far away . . . :lol:

·
Registered
687 Posts
JAS I guess thats what happens when you buy enough of them, now go find two with the same number!
Really thats the way cool to have consecutive anything. How many do you have now 50-60?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's still 49. I sold one the other day to a fella that wanted a good shooter, but wasn't that interested in "correctness". I'll make 50 someday!
:shocked:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have 5 now which is nothing but I keep finding cans in the ditch to sell.... # 6 on the way. :lol: Picked up a nice 5.4 Springfield service grade a few weeks ago at the north store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts