Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Don’t take gun control lying down; don’t be a defeatist. We can beat this, we can! Contact your house and senate representatives now, and every time the issues gets raised.

Here’s the message that I sent to my representatives.

It’s really this simple. I will not vote for a representative who votes for gun control as a knee jerk response to the horrible events in Connecticut. School security is the issue, not law abiding citizens access to firearms. The assailant broke many laws, including gun laws; it didn’t save one single life. If you vote for an assault weapons ban, or any other gun control measure in response to this event, I will actively vote against you, even to the point of supporting another candidate whom I would normally never vote for; and I will campaign against you. Please don’t make the wrong response to this tragedy. Concentrate on school security, not banning guns. Thank you for your service.

Regards,

Kevin Gibson

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Will do, definitely. I believe the DC and media crowd are not seeing reality. There are a lot of people who have bought guns in just the past few years, and seeking them now, who hadn't been into them before. October of 2008 or so was a big tipping point, it isn't just concern over the laws it is economics. People want them for defense. It is my experience that once people become "gunners" they don't go back, so there are a lot more pro gun people out there than some want to acknowledge.

In the days right after the tragedy even some "antis" said new laws would make little difference in restricting the amount of guns out there. Also the staggering sales figures in the last few days should make clear to anyone the numbers of people out there into that field and the amount of resources they are willing to put into it.

There is a reason gun control at the national level had so little support for much of the 2000s. I will contact my Representative (Luckily he is A+ rated by the NRA) and also will be sending something to the NRA-ILA shortly. One of those "Contest forms" I had laying around for who knows how long and didn't fill out, well this weekend I'm doing that.

Noticing that the price of an autoloader I had been thinking of has jumped even past a price I had considered high before. Every time I think the intensity of demand cannot get higher it goes higher. That is a lot of people, and a lot of voters. If all the buyers take the time to write a letter or better yet pick up the phone to their local Rep's or Senator's office, that will be a huge swell of popular voice.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Guys,

Here's the message that I sent to my representatives.

It's really this simple. I will not vote for a representative who votes for gun control as a knee jerk response to the horrible events in Connecticut. School security is the issue, not law abiding citizens access to firearms. The assailant broke many laws, including gun laws; it didn't save one single life. If you vote for an assault weapons ban, or any other gun control measure in response to this event, I will actively vote against you, even to the point of supporting another candidate whom I would normally never vote for; and I will campaign against you. Please don't make the wrong response to this tragedy. Concentrate on school security, not banning guns. Thank you for your service.

Regards,

Kevin Gibson
Excellent Kevin. Is it O.K. if I plagiarize this for my contacts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts