Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DeanSpeir said:
Mike said:
Would Ford ever hire a person who doesn't own a car?
The greatest choreographer and Ballet Master in the world couldn't dance a two-step if his tights were ablaze.
Why would any firearms company hire a president who doesn't own a firearm?
As I pointed out, obviously neither S&W nor Saf-T-Hammer even vetted Minder or, grand irony here, had him fill out a Form 4473 and undergo a NICS check.
Mr Speir:

I fail to find this "Form 4473" (Etc.) in Bill Of Rights. "Rights" by definition are absolute. There is no such thing as "Disqualified person".

No "Permits" are required for "Free Speech", (Or any other Right) something seriously wrong when individuals do not the concept understand; "Freedom and Liberty"

Had anyone thought to enquire of individual if he would care to have arms absent patently absurd (As well, illegal) regulations?

Issue SHOULD be "Settled". No regulation of any "Right" is acceptable.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
O, boy…

You're barking up the wrong Member, fella.

Wanna make that kinda brief? Take it to the Courts. Rob Firriolo will happily point you in the right direction.

[Translation: I'm not disagreeing with you philosophically, but I tend to the gestalt rather than the ideal.]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr. Speir:

I more than realise, "View" may be "Idealistic" (Mit oder ohne Gestalt).

Rather "Jaundiced view" of courts I fear, were there actual interest there on "Doing Right" this discussion would be "Academic involving fascist alternative reality". (Life as we know it Today)

Yet One strives for best result, if "Falling short of goal" perhaps some measure of Rights preserved.

Many thanks extended for your kind response.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts

I appreciate, as noted in another thread this past week, the eloquent use of language, and a certain limited formality is fine, but your persistance in the use of "Mr. Speir" is bordering on the hostile… even though we've never been formally introduced I am to all on this Forum… except for one obsequious little troll who is apparently striving to demonstrate that his capacity for obnoxion knows no limits… simply "Dean."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dean!

Now happier? Correct, "Not formally introduced". Ever have I been "Somewhat formal". (I had no knowledge of your preference)

Another (Almost "Ad Nauseum" yet Point-of-reference) mention of "Joe" (Zambone). great talent at "Communicating" as well "Command of Common-Man rhetoric/hyperbole". I have not. Happy division-of-labour for us; "I work, you chat-up clients".

Oh yes! He HATED "Joseph".

Am never "Hostile" "Zero Aggression Principle". Indeed, much enjoy humour, serious about very little.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
niemand said:
Dean!

Now happier? Correct, "Not formally introduced". Ever have I been "Somewhat formal". (I had no knowledge of your preference)

Oh yes! He HATED "Joseph".
  1. Happy? Only in the sense that "cold" is defined as the absense of "heat."[/*:15jez2w0]
  2. "My preference" is, for the observant, a matter of public record.[/*:15jez2w0]
  3. I used "Giuseppe," and he never objected.[/*:15jez2w0]
But not to worry… as long as you aren't Arthur Rex Rochelle in yet another guise… but then if you actually were that convicted ne'er-do-well who scammed Joe and so many others, you would never cop to it, now, would you?

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
More on "Niemand"

This is a 1 May 1992 report I did for Firearms Business, a "sister" publication of Gun Tests:

[center:1ty4jqx3]BATF, Others Seek Ammo-Marketer[/center:1ty4jqx3]

An individual who has marketed a wide variety of ammunition types and brands, primarily in the Northwest, is the subject of a wide and multi-agency federal investigation.

The marketer, who has gone by the name "Ymir Jule Kloety Van Laar Tyrvaldsen" as well as a number of similar combinations, is known by the the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms as Arthur Rex Rochelle. The agency says the man is a convicted felon.

Most recently the proprietor of J.D.M. (Jute Defense Munitions) Research Industries Inc. of Portland, Oregon, Rochelle is being sought by the BATF, U.S.Customs, the Postal Inspection Service, Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and the fraud division of the Portland Police Bureau.

Documents released by BATF Special Agent Cheryl Glenn showed Rochelle operated under a variety of other business names as well, all of which were discovered during a search of Rochelle's residence. Among these were J.D.M. Sales. D.M. Laboratories and Prometheus Laboratories. Ammunition products have been sold by Rochelle under the names Glaser Plus. Sicherheit Blitz. J.D.M. Security Ammunition. J.D.M. Mach II. Blitz Sicher and Lake City Nickel Match Brass. The suspect showed at least five different addresses in Olympia, Washington, Portland and Gresham, Oregon.

BATF's Agent Glenn said Rochelle is a "slick operator specializing in white-collar con games." Despite the rather intense government scrutiny, she indicated that he is still in business. Glenn has contacted everyone listed in business documents and records seized during the search.

The government alleges an extensive list of offenses ranging from selling sporting optics secured from such manufacturers as Tasco, Leupold and Simmons obtained for testing and evaluation ostensibly for articles in various publications, to taking deposits for firearms and accessories without the ability or intent to deliver them. The Bureau particularly wants to determine if Rochelle represented himself as having a federal firearms license of any sort and whether any of the ammunition he sold contained "bullets that are attracted to a magnet."
Over the past year, Rochelle's activities were cautioned against in a wide variety of publications and in full page advertisements taken by Glaser Safety Slugs president Kurt Cannon, in Gun List and Shotgun News.

Persons in the firearms and outdoors trades who have had contact with Rochelle and any of his various enterprises are asked to contact BATF in Portland, or Sgt. John Verheul of the Portland Police Bureau Fraud Division.
I'm kinda proud of this one, not only of outing the bastid who scammed the late Joe Zambone (picking Joe's brain about the ins and outs of the gunzine game as well as the construction and marketing of MagSafe ammunition) and Cheryl Rosenfeld of Tasco (and costing one of her staff there his job), but also exposing him, at Jessica Sparks' request, when he sought to pull some of the same cons in the paintball sports.

And especially for recognizing the arrogant and unrepentant SOB when he registered here… the short term memory may be problematic, but the long term edition still works pretty well.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Wow!

Arthur Rex Rochelle, age 51, Number 15404-008, a/k/a Ymir Jule VanLaar-Tyrvaldsen, a/k/a Y J Van Laar Tyrvaldsen, a/k/a Dr Jule Tyrvaldsen, a/k/a Jule Kloety, a/k/a Lars Kyfho, a/k/a Ian Ollerenshaw, a/k/a Rex Rasmussen, a/k/a Arthur R Rochelle.
Guy's been back on the bricks since 20 March 2003, and has apparently been scamming people on eBay, GunBroker, etc., under the trade name of BigIron Barrels.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts

This just in from a neighbor:

• Very weird fella, always wore sun glasses, and had cane even though he obviously didn't need it.

He seems dangerous.

He first came into where I worked a lot… then I realized, Hey, he lives close to me. I thought he was strange for awhile. I knew something was up.

He lived with his wife, who graduated from the same HS as me, but she is like 4-6 years older, I believe; her name was Rachel MacCandlish now it's Rachel Tryvaldsen. They did have lots of dogs as well. Currently they are getting a divorce; he apparently put a gun to her head, and threatened her. She got a CPO and they split.

Now he is also getting in trouble for CPO violation, selling Xantax, and filing false papers with job and family services. This guy is truly a nut. He also passed out at the court house on his day of hearing for one of his issues. They found a needle on him and took him to jail.

I knew there was something weird about him, so I started looking him up online, and realize he seemed to be a con man. He always talked with a Swedish accent, and I thought that was weird for Ohio. A friend works at the courthouse, and she told me his real name is Arthur Rex Rochelle from Kansas, so when I saw your article I just was curious as to what he did exactly.

I know its strange, but I've seen this guy for awhile.
That's a slight update of what I had four months ago.

• Arthur Rex Rochelle, a/k/a: "Ymir Jule Tyrvaldsen"
    8870 Rushville Road
    Rushville, Ohio 43150
    Date of Birth: 12/09/1955
    Race: White\Caucasian
    Sex: Male
    Eye Color: Blue
    Height: 6'02"
    Weight: 230 Pounds
    Hair Color: Brown

Saturday, March 29, 2008: Presently in the pokey awaiting trial

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
What a thread, back from the dead.

So, Dean, you're connecting this "Nobody" post from 2004 with a Kansas (-born, I see implied but not outright stated) con man who has some beyond-Libertarian and almost Montana Militia sentiments?

I find it somewhat amusing to consider the thought of some lily-white 'Merican type getting enamored with Harry Stewart's (born Harry Skarbo) renditions of Svedish accents as Yogi Jorgensen and adopting a made-up name while engaged in buying and selling in casual defiance of all applicable federal and local regulations. Of course, that's my explanation of how and why he settled on the Ymir Jule Tyrvaldsen name.

His appeal decision (unpublished) at 34 F.3d 1075 tells a tale between the lines of either a client who paid his attorney to advance an argument based on the client's inability/refusal to read the relevant statute and sentencing guidelines, or a sympathetic attorney afflicted with that problem.

Alas, Google has nothing more recent on him.

Dean, was it the use of German as if to be some modern Nietzsche, or the apparently intentionally-bad English syntax, or the Niemand name that tipped you off in 2004???

There's gotta be some more backstory here.

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
Actually, I believe that jumpy was the ever-obnoxious GunKid, not Mr. Rochelle. He was a former IPSC competitior in the 1970-1980 era. Not a winner, just a competitor. He relished trying to get people to use his fantasy ammunition, and even posted about selling drugs to school children to fund gun monies. His favorite tool, though, was the AR15. To him, it could be turned into a combination 30mm GAU, and .22 lr forager. He advocated the "canned .22 upper", and was going to float down rivers, using his Assault Wheelbarrow to hide behind while plinking unsuspecting farmers, and robbing their fields and homes. He is currently in Federal Prison on a multiplicity of charges. :shocked:

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts

• JR said:
    Actually, I believe that jumpy was the ever-obnoxious GunKid, not Mr. Rochelle.
Right, jailbirds of a different flock.

Rochelle is basically a scam artist (his wife just joined the Forum and confirmed for me that he's still in the pokey in Ohio) while "GunKid" (a/k/a John Melvin Davis) is a headcase. He used the Nom de 'Net "jumpy" here, along with several others. Rochelle signed up as "niemand."

Davis may actually be back on the bricks again, so be sober and vigilant.

G

·
0 Posts
Is gunkid the one who wanted to neck .45 Win Mag down to nine millimeter for a two thousand foot per second handgun cartridge?

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
Pretty much. His loads would destroy just about anything that he wanted them put in. As for his being out again, that would be a shame. Paroled yet again? I know that the last time he was nailed for threatening his partner, and making terroristic threats, and parole violations. You'd think that the parole board would learn. :x

1 - 18 of 18 Posts