Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike, I decided to start a new thread over here to keep things on-topic. As you know I've been researching this 1911 thing for a little while. The problem is, the longer I research, the higher my tastes go. At this point I have seriously shortened my list to three models in the $900 range give or take. (a far cry from the Rock Island or Norinco I was originally looking for)

They are:

SW1911SC

Dan Wesson Patriot Ed Brown Bob-Tail

STI Ranger II

(All Commander sized)

It is not likely I will get to shoot any of these anywhere without buying. In fact the only one I'm likely to be able to fondle in a shop might be the SW.

But with my realization that the 1911 involves some "reach" problems, and that fact that my tastes keep going up and up, I may just be better off forgetting about a 1911 until I hit the lottery and put some money into gettting my High Power worked on a bit.

Ed

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, since my wants are a bit higher than my funds along with the fact that I am a complete newby with 1911 style guns, I think I'm going to go for the RIA with a 4" barrell that my local shop as for $300. After I play with it for a while and put some more money aside I'll haves a better idea of what I want besides just nice looks.

Ed

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you check out the comments on the RIA's on the 1911Forum:

http://www.1911forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

you will see many, many positive comments. Also, and even more importantly, a rep from the U.S. distribution center in Nevada is a regular poster and they seem to quickly take care of any problems a buyer might have.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.