Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible? Could it be, according to the Bloofingtonian, in somewhat of an opposition to Punxatawney Phil's prediction of an early spring, that winter really is winding up to give our area 'up here', as opposed to 'down yonder' for 'y'all down there', one more big punch before it's all over? Stranger things have been known to happen. Heck, stranger things have happened in April, like last April up in Dutchess County, which is kinda, sorta Upstate New York if you live in Westchester, and Snicker, Snork, Snork, You Call THAT Upstate New York if you live in Buffalo.

Anyway, after an uncertain forecast for the Sunday-Tuesday period, it seems that we're due for some constant snow, with two to four inches predicted for the city, and it seems that as it was snowy rain when I left New Hamburg Station at 9:44, it will continue to be either rain or mostly snow from then until Tuesday morning for the Dutchess County area.

Oh deer, yes, I did mean oh, deer instead of oh, dear, they've been quite numerous lately, what's a guy going to do if I wake up to a foot of snow tomorrow night, and the taxi company's closed and I can't go to work?

Well, I guess I'll have to kick back with two shots of bourbon or rye, a fhine, fhine, ptttttttttttemium cigahhh and visit the amback forums.

But of courrrrrrrrrrrsssssse. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Gee, talk about a rough life.....premium spirits mixed with premium cigars....my life should be so tough! :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, to confess, after pouring my bourbon or rye, I do stir it. With an old coffee stained chopstick, the same one I use to stir the coffee in the Freedom Press.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I think Ian Fleming just turned over in his grave.

:D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Well, at least you don't toss it all in a Cuisinart and let 'er rip.... :lol:

Speaking of Cuisinart, a buddy of mine who runs a coffee house here told me about the coffeemaker he and his wife use at home. It's a Cuisinart Grind and Brew with a stainless insulated carafe. You can put in the beans and water the night before (it has its own built in water filter) and set a timer. When it's time, it grinds the beans, then brews it up. Because of the insulated carafe, it stays hot for 3 to 4 hours wihtout need of a burner, so the coffee stays fresh longer. Kinda pricey, ($125-$150 range) but I'm seriously considering one.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's actually not bad for a setup like that, but here's another way to skin that cat. I have a Freedom Press, and I hand grind my beans. I usually just pour it in three mugs and drink it before it really gets to room temperature, and during the summer it stays hot on the counter for quite a while. I use old yogurt container lids to cover the mugs.

That's cool, but what I'm leading up to is that a few years ago, I decided for those times when I want to keep that coffee piping hot for a good long while it would be a good idea to buy a Krups carafe, made in quite a similar style to the old Thermos containers. It has kept the coffee piping hot for anywhere from ten to fourteen hours!!! About $30 if I remember correctly, although with the setup you described, there's a lot less hands on attention, washing and general care involved.

Hey, if we're not careful Bigg Bosss Mann is going to kick us off for talking off topic!!! We might have to move this to the Coffee & Tea forum. :shock:

·
Registered
356 Posts
The blossoms are starting to open on the Orange trees.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, how's this one?

Agent 74?

Yeah.

How do I know you're really Agent 74?

The blossoms are starting to open on the orange trees.

No, that was last week's password!!!

Oh, how's this? Brown bears catch red salmon by the light of the silvery moon.

Okay, you're Agent 74. Now here's the plan.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Let me lower the Cone of Silen...

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Cone Of Silence!!! I love it!!! Forgot all about that one. How could I? I've got to go to TVLand or Nickelodeon and brush up on my Get Smart. It's been years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts