Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the deniers are now jumping to the front of the line to get vaccinated.

They all stand at the entrance of the rabbit hole of crazy, encourage all to go down the hole, and then stand back and laugh while they do what the sane people are doing.

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
Since everything we've been told about the virus has later been contradicted by what we've later been told, and then sometimes back and forth again a couple times, it's hard to know whom you're talking about when you say "deniers." Virtually everyone has been a "denier" of something or other at some point on this issue.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since everything we've been told about the virus has later been contradicted by what we've later been told, and then sometimes back and forth again a couple times, it's hard to know whom you're talking about when you say "deniers." Virtually everyone has been a "denier" of something or other at some point on this issue.
Scientists by their nature will go back and forth as data comes in...they'll make early calls that turn out to be wrong. That's just the scientific process.

Meanwhile politicians who have been denying, lying, and contradicting what everyone agrees is good science and good advice...Well, they're willing to convince you to risk your life. Meanwhile, they're jumping to the front of the line to get vaccinated. Gotta wonder why that is.

I just hope people here don't try to substitute conspiracy politics for science; that doesn't go well.

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
There's only one honest politician that I know of. And he still bought. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
Well, here's one thing I know about the virus:

The party that is famous for "never letting a good crisis go to waste" has done everything in its power to get the most out of this one. For their own benefit, of course.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I have never doubted that Covid 19 was a real thing, though I have on occasion refered to it as "THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN" for snark value, but I do think many politicians have used it as an excuse to release their inner tyrants and dictators. Andrew Cuomo, for one; what kind of narcissistic ****** is he ..... I mean, how many working brain cells does it take to realize it's a horrible idea to put covid patients in assisted living facilities, where there are many highly vulnerable people? Thousands died from Cuomo's perfidy and/or stupidity. Yet the media praise him and he remains their darling. :argh: :cluebat:

I also have problems with it being treated as an "unknown." It's neither the first or only "corona" virus, and to some degree we ought to be able to infer some of its characteristics from how others of its kind work. We have learned some things we might not have been able to infer; that children rarely transmit it, or catch it, but do well when they do. Despite this, we remain terrified of opening schools and many children are suffering and falling behind academically from remote (no) learning. Teachers unions are using this to blackmail govt.s out of more millions of dollars and politically correct Project 1619 education programs.

California is continuing harsh shutdowns on outdoor dining in restaurants ..... while science has said from the start, being outside is actually SAFER. Recently it's been revealed that this is because our fearful leaders want us to stay home. Inside.
The whole thing has been a unending clusterf*ck of incompetence and tyranny.

I generally don't like conspiracy theories .... and tend to think that what is attributed to them is actually incompetence, arrogance, or idiot bureaucracy .... but I am seriously beginning to wonder what is really going on. I guess the inner Fox Mulder is growing strong in me.
I have to really wonder what benefit it is to politicians to destroy restaurants and many other small businesses. What will they reap? Do they expect disaffected, unemployed restaurant workers to vote for them?
What gives?

It is altogether truly despicable.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Scientists by their nature will go back and forth as data comes in...they'll make early calls that turn out to be wrong. That's just the scientific process.

Meanwhile politicians who have been denying, lying, and contradicting what everyone agrees is good science and good advice...Well, they're willing to convince you to risk your life. Meanwhile, they're jumping to the front of the line to get vaccinated. Gotta wonder why that is.

I just hope people here don't try to substitute conspiracy politics for science; that doesn't go well.
:confused:

Scientists go back and forth as data comes in: the nature of science....
-but-​
Politicians going back and forth= denying, lying, contradicting ????

Do I detect a tiny itsy bitsy double standard here?

I don't really go in for conspiracy theories, but then ..... how can we have "good science" when science itself is still trying to find out? So far we think that the mortality rate of covid 19 is about .5% but it's still refered to as deadly - - - which it is, if it kills you.
if you're old and with co-morbidity especially then you need to be very very careful. And you should be in front of the line for the vaccine.

I haven't really heard very many "conspiracy theories" regarding covid19, and those I have heard have largely been around before and have simply incorporated the virus into it for extra .... synergy (?).

I largely remain skeptical of "experts", like Dr. Fauci, because they deliberately and knowingly lied to us about masks back in the beginning. I get it that PPE was in short supply and they didn't want people hoarding. But they SHOULD HAVE TOLD US THAT, not the lie. Telling me a lie means I do not trust the liar.

And distrust is a paralyzing thing .....:(

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:confused:

Scientists go back and forth as data comes in: the nature of science....
-but-​
Politicians going back and forth= denying, lying, contradicting ????
This is the only part I can address...

It's the nature of science because they only have the evidence they have before them. Once there is new evidence, they have to now consider that new evidence.

With the talking heads and politicians... Most aren't even listening to the science in the first place, so when they flip flop, it's purely political.

To believe those who are anti-mask, anti-science, and anti-vaccine... You have to believe this is some kind of worldwide conspiracy; it's not just US democrats trying to take down Trump.
That EVERY nation is "in on it", regardless of political structure, social structure, government type, friend or enemy. That all have decided taking down Trump is more important than this disease. That every nation has decided, hey let's all get together and make everyone wear masks, or get vaccines, or whatever the talking heads are spouting.

Get your politics from politicians, but get your healthcare advice from healthcare professionals.

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
Here are a few of my ideas:

I think this thing was here months before it was named. People had it and got through it and never knew it.

I believe that many millions of us have had it throughout the year and got through it without ever knowing it--some with no symptoms at all.

Masks of the kind most people are wearing are only marginally effective at best in preventing the spread of the disease. The masks seem to be mainly a political "virtue signal."

Tens of thousands of people died because of the politicization of hydroxy-chloro-whatever. As soon as President Trump mentioned it, it became politically taboo to the point of being banned by name in some states. Now that it looks like President Trump might be leaving office, I understand that the AMA has now said that the drug IS effective and useful in treating the virus. IMHO the blood of tens of thousands of Americans is on the hands of those TDS-inflicted haters who prevented them from getting an effective treatment. :mad:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Snake, my brother in law's sister's husband took a trip to New York City in November, 2019. Upon returning, he came down with some *nasty* respiratory .... "flu." He got over it, but ....

....Earlier this year, he tested positive for covid 19 antibodies, SO, either C19 was here in November '19 or he got it later and was asymptomatic.

As for masks; here in Alabama the governor has declared a "mask mandate" back in about June and periodically extended it since then. As for effectiveness, I've read articles on both sides from authors with letters signifying medical degrees, biophysics, epidemiologists, etc., etc., behind their names. A recent Danish study indicates a meaningless statistiCal difference between wearing and not wearing a mask. I tend to think that individually, they're of minimal value, but on a macro level they probably "dent the curve" a little bit and help a bit. I tend to think they often look stoopid, but otoh I do wear one in stores mainly for the "macro" effect.
Plus, I have personalized a couple of masks with snarky comments. One says:

THE ANDROMEDA STRAINER

The other one says:

OFFICIAL COOTIE FILTER.
:neer:

The politization of hydroxycoquiline (sp?? ) is criminally vile and I can think of a few "talking heads" here I would happily have shot on sight. Gungeek's advice on getting medical/science advice from doctors and science is spot-on here.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Dr. Fauci = Dr. Falsely ... ? :rolleyes:

He's certainly NOT the best representative of the medical profession.

Certainly NO "Bones " McCoy ....or Dr. Kildare .....:wink:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Dr. Fraud = a Mini-Me version of the bastard gay lovechild of Mengele and Mussolini. He shoulda been given the boot when he let tens of thousands die of AIDS rather than allow AZT to create an alternate treatment path to his "white whale" vaccine that he STILL hasn't been able to deliver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Funny how things turn out. Looking back at some of these posts show how people make excuses for their beliefs or Political position to make a point and how wrong they can be. Now, Virtually all of the deniers are trying to cut in line for the vaccination. IMO:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
ROFLMAO, Obvious Troll is Obvious... One Post Wonder.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
My wife possibly got it November before last doing her job as a home health care RN. Now she's retired and using supplemental 02 to get through the day.

Her doc at Johns Hopkins hasn't offered a C19 antibody test and we're not sure at this point it matters. Watched a segment on the news tonight on "covid lung". It is apparently more hateful than "smoker's lung".

We got what we got and we'll deal with it.

Also - frack China.

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts