Gun Hub Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
That sucks Walt. I'm sorry it happened to her.
Deb and I send our best, Walt.

Here in Alabama, vaccinations were limited 70 or older, First Responders and Medical personnel. My 67 year old wife who works at 3M wasn't allowed. I refused to get a vaccination until she could.

They just recently lowered the age limits and opened the window. I firmly believe this is a mutating virus (the so-called British strain) has been detected in some cases in Alabama and southern Tennessee. I don't know about the efficacy of the vaccines.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Thanks guys - don't know for sure C19 is responsible but it's quite the coincidence.

At any rate we're getting the vax as soon as we can but I'm not overly eager to be an early adopter...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Deb and I send our best, Walt.

Here in Alabama, vaccinations were limited 70 or older, First Responders and Medical personnel. My 67 year old wife who works at 3M wasn't allowed. I refused to get a vaccination until she could.

They just recently lowered the age limits and opened the window. I firmly believe this is a mutating virus (the so-called British strain) has been detected in some cases in Alabama and southern Tennessee. I don't know about the efficacy of the vaccines.
Starting Feb. 8th, Alabama will vaccinate 65+ . As far as mutations are concerned, IIRC the vaccine may not be 100% effective for the African strain, but it's believed the vaccine(s) do work OK on the others. The big differences in the strains seems to be their transmissability, not virulence.

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is a one jab vaccine and doesn't require incredible refrigeration. While it's said to be 60% effective on the virus it actually does much better at preventing hospitalization and death.

No one know exactly how effective the vaccines are on THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
We also now know that hydroxychloroquine is indeed effective against the virus in the early stages.

Imagine that.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
And That CDC talks out of both sides of their mouth or their Able Hotel,.

We are supposed to be vaccinating 1A and !B groups but getting an appointment here in SA for 1B is next to impossible. And BAMC is vaccinating only staff and in and out patients.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I got the first shot two weeks ago at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. Except for the usual injection site soreness I had zero side effects.

Here in North Carolina one of the major health care providers, Atrium Health, has organized mass vaccination events in various places. Besides the stadium they have one at Carolina Speedway where you drive around the track to the injection area.

I was very impressed by the speed and efficiency on the day I attended. After being guided to free parking in a garage, we walked across the street to the stadium, entered a long line that never stopped moving, answered a few screenings questions, got the shot, and waited for a fifteen minute observation period. All told, from parking the car to climbing back in it and driving away it only took about forty-five minutes. I'm scheduled for the second dose in two more weeks.

The only more efficient inoculation process I've ever experienced was that one we all went through upon induction into the military, where you'd walk between two corpsmen and get hit in both arms simultaneously with those injection guns they used.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts