Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those with a passing interest in terminal ballistics may want to tune into CSI Lost Wages tomorrow night (12-11).

"Word" has it that the episode will feature a certain frangible ammunition produced in Mid-Florida. No specific's on the "content" of how the producers will "spin" this product but it is anticipated that it could possibly have an effect on sales.

What will be interesting will be how accurate the portrail of the wounding ballistics are, or if they use untold quantities of Hollywood Licence.

Oh Peter, Peter, pumking eater... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Oh yee of little faith.... you know our entertainers would not deliberately misinform us.

Well maybe unintentionally like the time on CSI Miami that they had a hurricane and the force of the wind was enough to pick up a spent bullet, just lying there, penetrate a plate glass window and kill a subject inside.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh! OH!... did you see the one with the Sniper? I love that one!!... (mostly because of the the final scene with the Blonde in black Tactical gear)... numerous (3+) one shot CNS (read head) kills at distance (300 yds ++++) in an urban environment.

Now, I don't know much but what little I do know is that the head is a small and very annimated target and at those distances wind plays some part on the trajectory of the projectial. Not a big problem at short range or over flat ground.... however, compounded by the changing direction and funneling effect tall buildings have on air flow in an urban setting and... well, it get quite a bit harder (impossible one could say) for a head shot.

This guy (in the episode) was just phenominal!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
CSI

I've only ever seen one episode of any of the CSI's and I think it was the one in Miami. BUT a big part of the show had to do with "Death Talon" ammo that was used to hijack a huge load of coke or something that was enroute to be destroyed.

Evil, nasty, "Death Talons!"

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not quite what the Dr had hope for but a mention is better then nothing.

And the inter-torso "action" shot of the terminal ballistics were spot on. What was the line?... "Penetrate not perforate".

Now, if a DVD was available of that shot copies could be made, and a small screen set up on that lines displays in retail stores playing it over and over and over and overs.....

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
Schmit said:
Not quite what the Dr had hope for but a mention is better then nothing.

And the inter-torso "action" shot of the terminal ballistics were spot on. What was the line?... "Penetrate not perforate".

Now, if a DVD was available of that shot copies could be made, and a small screen set up on that lines displays in retail stores playing it over and over and over and overs.....
Yeah, Gunny, but they did allude to the urban legend of "bringing down the airplane.." as truth. :shock:

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
csmkersh said:
Yeah, Gunny, but they did allude to the urban legend of "bringing down the airplane.." as truth. :shock:
Good call, Sam… and although the dialogue clearly cited lead shot, the copper shot could clearly be discerned through the resin matrix.

As soon as I head that "don't want to bring down the aeroliner" line, I went downstairs to the "Hall of Fame" and patted my .45 LC Clip of Deadly Black Talons, imaging that Schmit had planted that line there just to irk me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts