Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it got bad for a while. Then they brought in Ted Danson, and it got better. I still can't forgive them for tossing Liz Vassey off the show, but at least we're done with the serial killer stalking Lawrence Fishbourne.

The show last night, with the "mystery" gun just drove me up the wall.

Heavy-handed, with a clear political message, it had all the screen writers cliches; "devastating" gun that is unknown, venal corporate types/mercenaries, FBI agents rushing in to fight over turf, and the crutch of all hack writers; the mysterious off-camera death.

Gaaah.

And, it was deadeningly humorless. Serious I can take. Grim done right is entertaining but stolid, earnest political cant, disguised as "plot" is annoying.

IMDB says Alec Smight wrote it, and 63 other CSI episodes as well. This won't be one to cherish on the boxed DVD set.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I watched CSI: Miami last night for the first time in a long time. After seeing the cops do a couple of dumb things that got one of them killed and nearly got a couple more zapped, I bailed.

I've almost given up on cop shows except for Blue Bloods and Body of Proof.

I can forgive a bit of technical ineptness where Selleck, Delany and Ryan are concerned.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My interest in the show waned with that same seemingly supernatural serial killer. (Criminal Minds has the same problem.) I caught the last half hour of last nights episode, the first I've watched this season and was disappointed for the same reasons.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The whole serial killer meme is just off the frakkin charts. if you believed their incidence on TV, there would be one in every county. There may be one per State, and even then, maybe not.

And that every single one of them is 180 IQ is beyond belief.

People like to complain that gun writers get into a rut. Keep track of what script writers do, and you'll go back to reading.

And except for Emily Procter in the early days, CSI: Miami is simply unwatchable.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
And except for Emily Procter in the early days, CSI: Miami is simply unwatchable.
IMHO, everything on CBS since The Unit went off is simply unwatchable. I haven't even watched Letterman in almost three years. I can feel my IQ going up nearly every day.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I was a big "CSI" fan for quite a while...even though the show made my job measureably more difficult ("Can't you get fingerprints off that rock they threw through my window?"). I lost interest a year or two before Grissom left. Tried Fishburne,but it didn't work. Haven't watched the newest version yet with Ted Danson. Might have to give it a try.

CBS? I confess to enjoying "The Big Bang Theory" and "NCIS"...the former because I think it's genuinely funny...I had a brother-in-law (now deceased) who was a very smart guy that loved "Star Trek" and collected comics. He was a lot like the guys on that show. The latter because I really like the characters on that show, and every now and then a radical islamist IS the bad guy. I think it's winding down now as far as storylines go. Might not last much longer, even though the ratings are good.

My favorite cop show is "The First 48". I know, it's a reality show, or docu-drama or whatever it's called. It does show investigative work as it really is...no gun fights and brawls every week. A lot more writin' than fightin'.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I'm with Walt but still mourn the passing of "Hill Street Blues," and "be careful out there became a rollcall mantra at my shop.

I liked an early episode of "Harry's Law" when she popped a round into the ceiling to get people to pay attention. Always wanted to do that///:rolleyes:

I like NCIS because Abby is smokin hot but I am far from a film or tv critic and just groan a lot over the factual errors or gun BS but I am truly awestuck by the 5 minute DNA tests...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I'm with Walt but still mourn the passing of "Hill Street Blues," and "be careful out there became a rollcall mantra at my shop.

I liked an early episode of "Harry's Law" when she popped a round into the ceiling to get people to pay attention. Always wanted to do that///:rolleyes:

I like NCIS because Abby is smokin hot but I am far from a film or tv critic and just groan a lot over the factual errors or gun BS but I am truly awestuck by the 5 minute DNA tests...
:rolleyes:
Heck, I'M still morning the passing of Naked City! Don't know how good it represented the C.S.I. stuff but the stories were generally very good!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
:rolleyes:
Heck, I'M still morning the passing of Naked City! Don't know how good it represented the C.S.I. stuff but the stories were generally very good!
My first exposure to the late, great Lee Marvin! I was just a little kid, but I LOVED that show!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

Emily is a total babe, and a pretty good Texas Hold'em player (she was on that Celebrity Poker show once). But even she can't get me to watch "CSI: Miami". Horatio and his sunglasses make me want to load my guns before shooting at the TV.:rolleyes:

"Hill Street Blues" was one of my favorites while it was on. While "Let's Be Carefull Out There" was widely qouted, my favorite character, Belker, had a catch phrase which became even more frequently used..."Dog Breath!":D

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
"my favorite character, Belker, had a catch phrase which became even more frequently used..."Dog Breath!"

OMG: I had forgotten him until just now and I can't stop giglin'...

I think my favorite was the bit about the alligators in the sewer.

wonder if it's available on dvd??

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The theme from "Hill Street Blues" is hauntingly, achingly beautiful. There was a girl...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts