Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beretta has finally started shipping the CX4 Storm rifle they showed at S.H.O.T this year --- word is that they got about 7,000 of the 9mm w/92 mags thru customs so the marketplace should soon be flooded with them. I got one in today, but have not had a chance to shoot it.

Here is a picture of it for those who have not seen one. It is a bullpup rifle and I have had people remark it looks like a toy gun. :roll:

Mike

Attachments

G

·
Mike,

We've been getting these in for the past couple weeks and I've had a chance to shot one. They are a lot of Fun... to say the least.

It not only looks like a toy gun but feels like one also. However, it is not a bull-pup. It is just as short, and light, as it can be... but a bull-pup... No.

Also, I don't think, technically, it is should be classified as a rifle. A Carbine (short, lightweight, underpowdered (from a rifle cartridge energy level perspective) yes.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I just sent the one I had back.

Technically it isn't a bullpup since the trigger is not forward of the action. My description is thumbhole carbine.

I agree that they are fun to shoot and it was quite accurate with decent sights. I used a Leupold CQT for most shooting and was able to hit the 6" gong at 70 yds. consistently.

The idea of it being ambidextrous is great, but it loses a lot to learn that you have to have a gunsmith change the magazine release and safety.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Those are cool little toys for sure. :D

But I'm holding out for one in .45ACP when they come out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
mikegunner said:
They have already started shipping the .40S&W model and I got one in last week. It came with hi cap mags too!
I've been thinking about getting one in .40cal. How many rds. will the high cap. mags hold?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.