Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am devestated, I am crying. I was jimmy's Plt Sgt for 7 years. I have pictures of him on my Den, One when we were swimming track across one of the rivers someplace and I had just radioed the platoon saying, "Hey, remember you're in the low bid." His track suddenly tipped and I happened to snap apic at that moment, it righted but you can see him in the T C's hatch ready to unass. The second is a pic of us winning the 6th Army Light Machine Gun Championship at Ft. Ord.
Jimmy was comissioned a Lieutenant and I was pleased to give him his first salute.
He went inactive and had a break in service because of his police work in Farmington New Mexico. He made the invasion of Iraq as an NCO and had volunteered for A Stan as part of the build up. So far the word I have is he was killed by an IED but if anyone here can get me a better AAR I'd certainly appreciate it.
I'm old but I've been truying to do my part by returning to training with Mas Ayoob and giving that training for free at Ft. Huachuca through the inter-agency program of military-police. Jimmy was planning to have his Farmington P D unit go through the training when he came back.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There's a Retired Marine Corpsman with the VFW that I see at Cracker Barrel on saturday mornings and just this morning he told me. "Sheriff (I'm not the Sheriff but I am in uniform when my crew and I go there) we are loosing to many good young men these days and it makes me sad."

He also told me "When we were young we were given a weapon and ammo and sent to war. Our young Soldiers are better trained and supplied and I thank God every day that this allows many more of our Warriors to come Home but don't you believe that the ones that died on the field of battle died in vain. They died so the ones who return can make their mark in life and live free."

As one of those that live free I wish I could thank Jimmy Thode and shake his hand but can only offer a prayer and condolences to his family and friends. May you Rest In Peace Jimmy Thode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts