Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows/or could measure for me the diameter of the 2 holes on the butt of the stock on the Garand(where the cleaning kit, grease pots, etc... goes)

thanks

thomas

·
Registered
383 Posts
The best guess I could get from measuring it was 13/16"

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
that's what the book says anyhow, 13/16"

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
There should be two holes of equal size 13/16" in diameter. If you have a 1" diameter hole over a smaller 9/16" diameter hole, congratulations, you just hit the lottery. You have a early gas trap butt stock!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies :)
If you have a 1" diameter hole over a smaller 9/16" diameter hole, congratulations, you just hit the lottery. You have a early gas trap butt stock!
No luck there :wink: it's just a new walnut Boyds stock.

This past weekend I bought a cleaning kit at the gun show(rods, brush, etc.. and comes in a olive canvas bag) and it seemed very tight trying to fit it in the stock holes.
Going to check and see if the holes are around 13/16" tomorrow.

thanks again,

t

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
thomas3120 said:
Thanks for the quick replies :)
If you have a 1" diameter hole over a smaller 9/16" diameter hole, congratulations, you just hit the lottery. You have a early gas trap butt stock!
No luck there :wink: it's just a new walnut Boyds stock.

This past weekend I bought a cleaning kit at the gun show(rods, brush, etc.. and comes in a olive canvas bag) and it seemed very tight trying to fit it in the stock holes.
Going to check and see if the holes are around 13/16" tomorrow.

thanks again,

t
YES, IT WILL BE TIGHT. The way to store it is : the rod sections bore brush, and slotted tip go in the pouch,which is inserted in the TOP hole with the flap hanging out.With the flap hanging out, you then insert the grease cup (with the flap still hanging out), and it is then available as a "handle" to pull the pouch when you need it.
Then, the M10 handle is inserted in the large opening end of the oiler, and the oiler is then put in the bottom hole. HTH

Semper Fi !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts