Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a spot on the lower left of the license that reads, "I certify that this is a true copy of a license issued to me to collect curios and relics". That seems to imply that I sign that box when I make a copy of the license.

However, the line I'm supposed to sign on has this written beneath it: "(Original Signature of Licensee)," which seems to imply that I should sign it on the original.

So which is it?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
NO!! Do NOT sign the original! The C&R isn't very clear, but if you sign the original, you just "spoiled" it. Keep the original in a safe place and make copies (which you sign as you need them and you WILL!) . I scanned it and every time I need a copy, I just print it out on my computer.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I do not know how much clearer it can be. It says on the attached lower paper, at least on mine it did, NOT to sign the original! Read EVERYTHING when you get something! You must be one of those, who try to put something together BEFORE you read the manual! lol :lol:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Sorry about that - I forgot about that little bitty part of the paper on the bottom! :oops:

Still, you'd be surprised at the number of people who go ahead and sign the original and then have to send foranother!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Keep in mind, since photocopies of the signature are not acceptable and black ink can be confused with a photocopy, you should always sign your copies in a contrasting color of ink. Blue, red, green, purple, etc. are ok. Anything but black.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Can't you type your signature? I do. Come to think about it, I am still waiting for about 12 differant C&R rifles to get here....it's been about a year now....is...is that normal?

MIke

:wink:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ledman said:
I do not know how much clearer it can be. It says on the attached lower paper, at least on mine it did, NOT to sign the original! Read EVERYTHING when you get something! You must be one of those, who try to put something together BEFORE you read the manual! lol :lol:
Doh! :oops:

Would you believe I've been known to be unobservant?

·
Registered
247 Posts
ledman said:
Hey, give the brother some slack. :lol: Maybe he failed to read everything, but at least he asked before signing. He may not have passed with flying colors, but at least he passed. :lol: :D

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

·
Registered
659 Posts
ptrthgr8 said:
ledman said:
Hey, give the brother some slack. :lol: Maybe he failed to read everything, but at least he asked before signing. He may not have passed with flying colors, but at least he passed. :lol: :D

Cheers,

~ Greg ~
Sorry, wasn't trying to be a jerk :oops: BUT, he did find it :lol: I am just anal about things, when it comes to reading manuals, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts