Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight is the night when we are supposed to show our deep respect for the planet, environment, global warming, and All Good Liberal Things by turning off your home's lights and non-essential appliances, from 8:30 to 9:30 PM local time.

Here at the Snakepit, it's become a tradition to turn on every light in the house to celebrate Earth Hour. This year I'm thinking of bringing a strand or two of Christmas lights up from the basement and stringing them up in the front window, just in case there are any hippies or liberals or others kinds of communists in or passing through my neighborhood who might not get the point. :twisted:

And I'm thinking of opening the window and playing the world some Ted Nugent music, too, while I'm in a festive mood. Could there BE a finer tribute to Mother Nature than the sound of Uncle Ted's "Great White Buffalo" wafting sweetly and soulfully through the evening sky at about 140 decibels? I don't THINK so! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i'm gonna turn ON my old strobe lites, crank my amp wide open and play "born to be wild " just to p*ss people off- must be the irish blood in me- and for you scandanvian folks, it's BJORN to be VILD

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Hilarious. I wonder how much of the earth would be saved if we turned off The Empty Suit's Teleprompter and let him wing it full time?

Hmmmmmmmm, it might be offset by the carbon emissions of the constant speech without substance, stumbling further and further into hypnotizing his audience toward believing in . . .

absolutely nothing!!!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Does this mean I have to take out the trash --- again?? :ek: :mrgreen: :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Yes TG, it's like Americans who adopt certain aspects of Eastern philosophies and religions, you keep doing it until you get it right. If that means you continue to come back as a sanitation man, it must mean "The Universe" is trying to tell you something. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

You can't make this stuff up. Well, you couldn't if half the American population didn't believe in stuff like that.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I'll turn out all the lights at 2030, and leave them out for 8 hours. I'm celebrating Earth hour on PDT.
Seems like a California thing, so I'll do it on their time.

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim Burke said:
I'll turn out all the lights at 2030, and leave them out for 8 hours. I'm celebrating Earth hour on PDT.
Seems like a California thing, so I'll do it on their time.
Sounds like a plan; I'm in. :thumbsup:

I WILL be running the TV to watch SNL in bed, though. And maybe the VCR to view a movie afterwards, depending on my mood.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Snake; all,

Snake: "ya'll the MAN!"

to ALL: the more i learn about DIMocRATS, "enviromentalists", statists, lunatic leftists, libs, BHO & other brain-LESS/use-LESS idiots the better i like poisonous vipers, scorpions, worms & venomous spiders.

my recommendation is to join THE TEA PARTY in your city/county/parish & help us DUMP all of the above in Nov 2012
&
help us return the USA to being the representative republic that our founders intended it to be/remain.

yours, sw

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I turned on ALL the lights for this "special" occasion.

BTW, we next take out the trash in Novenber, 2012. :D Unless you get a special election for some reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts