Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
to ALL,

my FAVORITE US Marine story is:

in February 1974, when i was a student of "the benning school for BAD boys", a WWII former Marine Corporal ripped the "wrap skirt" off of a college coed in downtown Columbus, GA, leaving her unclad from the waist down.

the gentleman was apprehended, jailed for 2 hours & found guilty of the offense of "destruction of property". he was fined the sum of ONE dollar "admonished" by a local judge, who said from the bench that, "the law is the law & i must find you guilty of the offense charged. further, i am required to admonish you for your unlawful acts. nonetheless, i understand your action."

as a direct result of the Marine's actions & the front page story in the local paper, the man received THOUSANDS of envelopes with dollar bills enclosed.
(i sent him a buck.)

the coed dropped out of college & returned to her home in CT because she was being "roundly ridiculed & bullied".

the "wrap skirt" was made of a US flag & bore an identity tag of the US Battlefield Memorial Commission.

as an old soldier, i say: WELL DONE SEMPER FI, Marines!

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It's too bad more people don't defend themselves instead of cowering like sheep, especially when the bad guy is unarmed and attacking a man or woman. Other people just stand and watch, even if the guy being attacked is a cop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts