Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VA-ROOOM! Ducati Bids for Aprilia
Wednesday July 7, 12:09 pm ET

MILAN (Reuters) - Italian motorcycle maker Ducati (Milan:DMH.MI - News) offered to buy a majority stake in struggling rival Aprilia on Wednesday, the first interested group to declare itself formally.

Ducati did not say how much it had bid for the maker of Aprilia, Moto Guzzi and Laverda bikes.
For the complete story click here.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cool. So if I decide to buy the MG V11 Nero Cosra I will technically be buying a Ducati. This is good for the following two reasons:

1. I won't be shunned here at Amback; and

2. Maybe MG quality will improve.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, I REALLY like the looks of the Nero Corsa. They sound terrific! It is kinda pricey....around 14k if I remember correctly. Comes with Ohlins front and rear, too!

I have a great vid clip of a V11 haulin' through northern Italy. You have to hear the sound. How do I post it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks to Fernando we have a short clip of a V11 Le Mans rolling through northern Itay. Check out how this thing sounds.

Attachments

• 976.6 KB Views: 12,791

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh, Man! Munch, thanks for those sounds. I've always thought Guzzis had the finest sound of any bike. I cranked my speakers good for your sound bites- what a little peice of heaven!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Last Labor Day I went up and watched my buddy race his bike at the Rocky Mountain Speedway. I have to say that those Ducs and RC51s sounded freaking awesome coming out of the turns and ripping down the straight away. :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

I'm just glad we don't have tracks around here like they have elsewhere, or my gun dollars would take it in the shorts. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
This news is old..I know but Ducati has never buy Aprilia.
Aprilia failed and was bought by the group Piaggio.
Piaggio&C.s.p.a. possesses Aprilia, Derbi, Gilera, Moto Guzzi and the brand Scarabeo and Vespa.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts