Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone have an opinion on this company? I understand they are made in Russia. Price is very attractive, but I also know,"you get what you pay for". Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Don't have one myself

but a friend has one of their shotguns. Says it's built like a tank and nothing fancy, but gets the job done.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I believe the shotguns are made at the Baikal arsensal in Russia. They look pretty crude but I haven't heard any complaints.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one I'm interested in is the over under shotgun. They also have a automatic. While I'm not crazy about "jam a matics" I could be persuaded.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a buddy with one of the double barrel coach guns, and it seems like a good gun, bulit like a mloser safe. they arent a Winchester 21, but nither are they 2300 bucks, cost is about 400 bucks. not bad for a gun to tote on the tractor for 'yotes. would make a dandy house gun, or a nice first gun for a kid, since it comes in every gauge from .410 bore to 10 Gauge, a good 12 gauge seems ideal to be though, be a good gunt to teach a kid on too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I shoot one of the model 27 O/U shotguns in 20 gauge. It is not the most handsome shotgun by any means & will never win a contest with a Beretta or a Ruger on the finish or the way the wood fits.

But for its faults on that, it is a very utilitarian shotgun at a great price, average of 400-450 dollars. I really only have two gripes about it.

First, it doesn't have a standard selector to change between top & bottoms barrels. I think it is top barrel first & then bottom. If you want bottom first, you have to press the trigger forward, like you would to set a trigger on a CZ & others. Maybe its just me, but I think that is a pain in the rump.

Second, everytime you break it open, the safety sets. I don't know how many times I have been in the middle of a swing & pulled the trigger & nothing happened because I forgot to release the safety. That may make the lawyers happy, but it drives me insane.

Other than that, I have no complaints. It came with full, modified & improved cylynder interchangeable choke tubes, which were made by Colonial. Colonial makes a full line of tubes, so extra tubes are not a problem.

I have had no experience in the semi auto shotguns. However, their semi auto Witness pistol line is made in Italy, I sold quite a few of them & only had one returned for a problem, which was what appeared to be some erosion in the barrel on a ported model 45. I called & asked for a barrel, & got a complete pistol instead, although it did take about 6-7 weeks & 2 or 3 follow up calls.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Alarmed said:
Second, everytime you break it open, the safety sets. I don't know how many times I have been in the middle of a swing & pulled the trigger & nothing happened because I forgot to release the safety. That may make the lawyers happy, but it drives me insane.
My second gun was an old Fox and Sterlingworth SxS 20 ga. which had the stock cut down to fit my mother, and 26" tubes. This gun had auto ejectors (a feature I like in an upland bird shotgun,) but it also reset the safety every time it was broken open. I don't think that's anything new with double guns. Dad had a matching gun in 12 ga. with 30" tubes that did the same, but no auto ejectors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
EAA

Remington(Big Green) just worked out a deal with EAA-Baikal-to make a shotgun to their specs(?). In fact, in the new Am. Hunter Mag., there is an ad for this new "Remington". Baikals have come a long way, from the first ones I saw several years ago, but...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts