Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Quagmire said:
I parked a couple dozen of the rusty left-over clips from last year's CMP order this evening.

They turned out pretty well, & I saw the following markings:

BRW1
BRW2
BRW4
BRW7
DAQ
IS3
W4
SA

Mostly varying flavors of BRW, but 6 SA, 2 DAQ, 1 IS3 & 1 W4 (Winchester?)

I still have a couple dozen of the rusty clips to go. Will strip & park them soon.
BRW= Borg Warner
DAQ= Dominion Arsenal Quebec
IS= International Silver
W= Wallace
SA= Springfield armory

Winchesters are marked WRA . Out of 800 clips I got from CMP I found one VERY rusty WRA in the group. Most were BRW. TJR

·
Registered
941 Posts
delloro said:
are the SA clips uncommon at all?
WW2 SA with the large thin lettering are pretty rare. Late SA with small thick letters and with lines above and below or both are as common as they come. WW2 borg warners which were marked BW instead of BRW are rare enough that I can't find one :? and I have clips from communist China,the Netherlands,Italy,Israel, and all over the world. Any body sitting on a few they want to trade 10 to 1 for new clips?? I could also use:

Fb
Fc
Fd
MAS
L&H
TF&S
C
And one marked DANLEY on the side. As I said I will trade 10 new clips for any one marked like these. TJR

·
Registered
941 Posts
liftrat22 said:
Are the unmarked Danish or SA? I thought the Danes were marked H.A.? Went through mine a few weeks ago; lots of BR-Ws, IS 1&2s, some various SAs, and 1 H.A. , some AGE1s, AMP1s, and AEC3s. Oh, here we go again.
Danish clips will be either MBZ,HA,L&H,or blank. SAs can be blank as well. It's pretty easy to tell USGI from Dane clips. Every Dane clip I have ever seen has a very dark black park, USGI are all grey.

It is also not uncommon for clips to be VERY lightly marked and almost unreadable even when new. TJR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts