Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
End of the Earth Postponed
It's a good news/bad news situation for believers in the 2012 Mayan apocalypse. The good news is that the Mayan "Long Count" calendar may not end on Dec. 21, 2012 (and, by extension, the world may not end along with it). The bad news for prophecy believers? If the calendar doesn't end in December 2012, no one knows when it actually will - or if it has already.

A new critique, published as a chapter in the new textbook "Calendars and Years II: Astronomy and Time in the Ancient and Medieval World" (Oxbow Books, 2010), argues that the accepted conversions of dates from Mayan to the modern calendar may be off by as much as 50 or 100 years. That would throw the supposed and overhyped 2012 apocalypse off by decades and cast into doubt the dates of historical Mayan events.

·
Registered
840 Posts
When the newly-created calendar was first displayed to the Mayan king, Three Quetzal Dong, the sculptor's explanation of why the circle of the ages ended on December 21, 2012 was simply, "There wasn't room on the stone for any more."
It's a little-known fact that the very last glyph on the calendar stone reads, "Continued on Next Stone."

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Given the current crop of politicians in D. C., I'm betting the 2012 date is pretty accurate. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Been a little busy this past week, with a little manual labor, starting to catch up.

Well now!!! We've been through this one before, haven't we? Not too far off my 27th cover to cover reading of The Holy Bible, and after passing 26 years of attempting to be "in Christ" last month, let me remind cyberspace. The choir, "my people" as I mentioned to you all recently in another thread, need no reminding, . . .

that Jesus said, . . .

STOP FREAKING SPECULATING ABOUT MUHFUGGIN' DATES AND TIMES, AND GET ON WITH THE BUSINESS OF BELIEVING IN ME, AND GROWING IN RIGHTEOUSNESS!!! SHUT UP, MIND YOUR BUSINESS, I'M COMING WHEN I'M COMING, . . .

DONE!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Right. The Bible is only allegory. Jesus is only my "crutch," because "religion is the opiate of the masses," and there are "many paths to God."

Folks, I've done this shpiel before, I'll do it again, updated and in living color, full detail as it were. We are now hearing the phrase in various news outlets that Iran is perhaps moving in to position to "blackmail the world." Referencing the prophecy of Daniel, shortly after discovering his TV show in late 1984, two months after picking up the Bible, and asking Christ to take control of my life, this was duly noted by me in watching this fine old man and powerful prophet, Herbert W. Armstrong. He stated that the "abomination of desolation" or perhaps "abomination that causes desolation" might be a low level, but still quite powerful nuclear device, placed on the Temple Mount. This is where the place that the world's so called three great religions all consider themselves to have birthrights and regard it as a holy place. "When you see the abomination of desolation standing in the Holy Place," or something like that, I ain't gonna look right now, "know that the end is near."

Iran is headed for nukes, and has basically said up yours to the world, we're doing it. Now Chavez and Russia are doing a deal where Russia is gonna give Sean Penn's butt boy nukes. Chavez and Ahmadinejad love each other so much a sex tape is rumored to have surfaced, so let's do the math.

(i) Iran with nukes. Iran wants Israel wiped off the map.;
(ii) Russia wants the U.S. wiped off the map, or all of us enslaved, at the very least,; and
(iii) The two problems in the world, since the beginning of time, have been American Imperialism and Israeli Aggression.

If we aren't knocking on the door of The Great Tribulation, which will be the most horrendous period in the history of the human race, causing worldwide suffering, the likes of which has never been seen or imagined before, then we knocking on the door of The Dress Rehearsal. People will actually seek death for a time during that 3 1/2 year period, but not be able to find it. Imagine being tortured by your circumstances so badly, but not being able to die? It's going to happen. All told, The Great Tribulation will last 3 1/2 years. It's coming to [s:3hiuxm5b]a theater near you[/s:3hiuxm5b] your house.

But that's . . .

"only my opinion."

I'll see you guys later. I'm late for my Wing Nuts Anonymous meeting. I hear Glenn Be-----, . . .

OOPS!!! We're not supposed to tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts